What's happening in the David Mary Custom shop?

I'm designing a new dagger, which will be called the David Mary Cragger, inspired by the style our very own Crag the Brewer Crag the Brewer .

Haha.....you and I Must be linked somehow?

1. I know one day we'll do a collaboration on something.
2. Two days ago I was thinking.....what if some makers exchanged 1 hardened blank with other makers? Let them make our knife.....I wonder how many would be in for that...... I said "I'm pretty sure David Mary would totally do it". Haha.
(We Should get a group together in the makers section, to do that) I bet it would be interesting?
3. I will see a few of You designs, I I've said....I would totally make that, too. Probably because of our love of No Choils.....
4. Super curious what You come up with? :D
-Let me know if you want me to send you some hardware?

Interesting idea about a maker blank swap. I'm just gonna play it low key for now with the Cragger. This one will be a while anyway. It wouldn't be a proper Cragger if I make it too quickly. ;)

Interesting idea about a maker blank swap. I'm just gonna play it low key for now with the Cragger. This one will be a while anyway. It wouldn't be a proper Cragger if I make it too quickly. ;)
Ouch......Ouch....hahah that Hurts..... hey, I'm only "a few" months behind schedule 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Just a friendly tease. You told me you grind slow so you don't rip your knuckles off. Which is fair. I can't tell you how many times I've given myself the split second 36 grit manicure.

Just a friendly tease. You told me you grind slow so you don't rip your knuckles off. Which is fair. I can't tell you how many times I've given myself the split second 36 grit manicure.
I've got boxer knuckles, and leather hands.... I grind Slow, cause I get distracted easy. Too easy.
I work on this blade.....
Then I work a little on That one....
Then I forgot that I have to make a sheath over there....
Then I still needed to order belts before doing another.
My handle needs hardware, so I pause to make them....
Ugh.... more design changes?
Who am I ?
Where am I?

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I have been asked to hold off finishing these EDChefs for this gentleman until next month, so they get stored with coarse grinds for now. MagnaCut, and 2 x AEB-L.

IMG-6306.jpg
Should be interesting to see what you come up with for handles.
Meh to black liner

Everyone remember Frogwood? The discontinued dyed and laminated natural wood product.

Well here is all that is left of the one-off custom color combo that Chronovore commissioned when they still offered it and sent me in exchange for shop credit on a previous build:

IMG-6800.jpg

So while it is discontinued, there are still quite a few knives yet to be clad in it.

Everyone remember my cardboard box handle material storage “system”? There it is now.

IMG-6801.jpg

Replaced it.

IMG-6802.jpg

That’s one of the things I received yesterday. And part of why I’ve been slow to make anything this week. But I’ll be more organized and thus more efficient when building scales. I consider it an investment to help get my shop ready for the multi alloy blades when they arrive later this week or early next week.

I literally dusted every single piece of handle material in my shop before binning it. It took a while.

However everything is now even better organized than before and seeing each individual piece of material was a good reminder of what I have and gave me a ton of ideas for new scales.

I literally dusted every single piece of handle material in my shop before binning it. It took a while.

However everything is now even better organized than before and seeing each individual piece of material was a good reminder of what I have and gave me a ton of ideas for new scales.
Yup ! Clear bins are a great time saver and certainly look more "professional" ! :cool:

And now we all know what it means when the ragged work surface gets flipped over don’t we:

IMG-6810.jpg

Give you a hint. I’m getting the painters tape out.

IMG-6811.jpg
good lookin bunch there. kinda would like that dagger in the wood on the right hand knife.......

it's great as is, don't get me wrong....but the dagger in that wood just hits me right......

Shucks now I feel bad for what I said to ya the other thread....

Back