What's on TV - what are you watching - Christmas / New Years

I quite like Tom Selleck so

Magnum PI
Quigley Down Under

All of his work is listed on imdb- but they have made it so you have to click the tabs now to select the actor works vs producer writer, directer and so on.

But I quite like his Jesse Stone Series
An old cop/ex cop that toes the line between the law and vengeance - so Dirty Harry, but smartly, quietly and with a borderline on and off whisky problem.

All ‘Jesse Stone’ Movies in Order of Release Date​

• Jesse Stone: Stone Cold – February 20, 2005
  • Jesse Stone: Night Passage – January 15, 2006
  • Jesse Stone: Death in Paradise – April 30, 2006
  • Jesse Stone: Sea Change – May 22, 2007
  • Jesse Stone: Thin Ice – March 1, 2009
  • Jesse Stone: No Remorse – May 9, 2010
  • Jesse Stone: Innocents Lost – May 22, 2011
  • Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt – May 20, 2012
  • Jesse Stone: Lost in Paradise – October 18, 2015

Last edited:
nuns%20don%27t%20work-ep.jpg

Hudson and Rex

Super duper light hearted cop show
Dude and a dog, dog solves everything.
It's as if The Littlest Hobo went into police work.

This is really typical Canadian TV
Main actor dude is handsome as, the doggo is typical German Shepherd cop doggo, no pretty women on the show,
Set in Newfoundland with nice scenery - but all the accents are straight from Toronto..

Hudson and Rex

Hudson and Rex

Super duper light hearted cop show
Dude and a dog, dog solves everything.
It's as if The Littlest Hobo went into police work.

This is really typical Canadian TV
Main actor dude is handsome as, the doggo is typical German Shepherd cop doggo, no pretty women on the show,
Set in Newfoundland with nice scenery - but all the accents are straight from Toronto..

Hudson and Rex
Sounds good. The Midsommer murders had a super cute dog in the later episodes. His name was Sykes.

Here’s another good one:

McDonald and Dodds

A crime show with endearing characters.

Harrow

Australian cross between Dr. House and Dexter
Harrow tells the story of Dr. Daniel Harrow, a forensic pathologist with a total disregard for authority.

Competent at his job, messy personal life, maybe a murderer ?

3 seasons, 30 episodes, so no waiting.
Seems ok so far.

Just finished watching the first two seasons of Robert Jordans Wheel of Time. Much better than expected....
Wheel of Time appeals to my non-intellectual side. I watched Season 1 to see if it developed into something interesting. Interesting TV series can start slowly ( Babylon 5), sometimes so slowly they get cancelled (Caprica).

880085_full.jpg

I watched Season 2 for Fares Fares, an Assyrian film director, producer and actor who played Ishamael the Forsaken, the most interesting and articulate of Wheel of Time's evil characters. He played the clever but unprincipled Senator Vaspar in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2017). Ishamael was killed off at the end of Season 2, and I will watch Season 3 just long enough to see if any of the Forsaken become interesting characters. Wheel of Time seems to be another TV series in which the Bad are more interesting than the Good.

Another interesting character was Dana the Darkfriend, innkeeper of the Four Kings Inn in Breen's Spring.

Dana-WoT-TVseries.jpg

Dana was played by Izuka Hoyle, a fine Scottish actress and skilled singer, dancer, and fencer able to do her own sword stunts. She was introduced and killed by Thom Merrilin in the same episode. The bad die young in Wheel of Time.

The Fades are interesting in their way but inarticulate.

Back