What's the word on the new "micro-textured" G10 scales?

Hey guys, are these being used on all models(with the G10 option) going forward are are they still being developed/tested? Thanks:thumbup:

Last I heard:

They are being randomly applied by Guy at the shop, but have not been made an official option yet, and have not been officially integrated into standard production. Everyone is pretty happy with them and from what I have seen want it applied to both micarta options as well.

Generally speaking I think people want it applied to all handles as standard.

Last I heard:

They are being randomly applied by Guy at the shop, but have not been made an official option yet, and have not been officially integrated into standard production. Everyone is pretty happy with them and from what I have seen want it applied to both micarta options as well.

Generally speaking I think people want it applied to all handles as standard.

I see, thanks for the reply Justin. The reason I am asking is I am considering getting in on the 4.5 BC as my first Survive! knife before the pre-orders close and would like G10 due to its lower maintenance. But, I only like G10 if it is at least decently textured as I find it too slippery otherwise. What is the stock G10 without the micro-texture like? Is it at least as grippy as TKC's aftermarket G10 scales(the minimum I prefer)? Otherwise I might just go with canvas micarta as it is plenty grippy even if the maintenance is a pita. Thanks again:thumbup:

I have zero experience with TKC's scales, and while I will say S!Ks canvas micarta is quite grippy, the G10 is not.

I also prefer the texturing. I have only had one set with it, which were R&D so not identical to the final version, but I found them much better.

I will say this, I ordered G10 scales for my 4.5 as I hope texturing is standard by the time we get that far and my 4.5 will be a finesse knife, not a heavy duty one so I don't need maximum grip.

You are welcome!

It is a simple matter to take some coarse sandpaper and lightly scuff either g10 or micarta (but especially g10) and make it much more grippy. I've done it with BRKT g10 knives and it has worked like a champ.

Hey guys, are these being used on all models(with the G10 option) going forward are are they still being developed/tested? Thanks:thumbup:

Based on the feedback from folks we will definitely be moving toward micro-texturing for all handles in the future. I can't say for sure when that will start, but we are phasing it in now. By the time we get to the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft handles we should be at 100% with the micro-texture, especially on the G10.

Based on the feedback from folks we will definitely be moving toward micro-texturing for all handles in the future. I can't say for sure when that will start, but we are phasing it in now. By the time we get to the GSO-4.5 Bushcraft handles we should be at 100% with the micro-texture, especially on the G10.

Thank you very much for the reply Ellie, I appreciate it:thumbup:.

What are the chances my 4.7 will have textured g10? I sent an email about a week ago inquiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, my 4.7 came with micro textured G10 scales. And they are great.

Hoping for source of truth - Ellie.

Between us, if she posts here saying she will do it for you, about 10000 people are going to do the same and I suspect she knows it. As she said the full implementation is not due for some time, I expect it will be a long while before everyone is getting them.

Hoping for source of truth - Ellie.

Between us, if she posts here saying she will do it for you, about 10000 people are going to do the same and I suspect she knows it. As she said the full implementation is not due for some time, I expect it will be a long while before everyone is getting them.

I wonder if everyone is getting microtexturing and that's why no knives are shipping, I thought it was mentioned that that had been the focus for awhile. I definitely don't want to get your hopes up, but it almost seems like more microtexturing is going out than the regular. I could be way off on that it just seems like a lot of microtexturing lately. Anyone pay closer attention to recent handles than I have???

Back