What's your Cold Steel EDC today?

LtFcXNvh.jpg

I'd imagine a serrated Black Talon would require a dedicated Lanksy stone for the purpose.
I'll probably opt for a plain-edge version, when the time for acquisition comes.

I think the Black Talon has to be serrated! I just feel that way. It is a 100% SD knife, a weapon, so it looks even more menacing and intimidating with the serrations. I barely use it as an EDC so the S35VN will stay sharp for a loooooooooong long time. And when the time comes I will buy a dedicated CS serration stone, maybe Lansky.
It just looks better with the serrations — although I'm not a serrations fan, the Black Talon is my only 100% serrated knife (I have a few combos). I was thinking about buying a serrated Spartan but finally bought a plain one because it is more practical, you can cut anything with a plain edge, as distinct from serrated — which is good for cutting flesh only.
Anyways, I would buy the serrated one!

WFfHo05.png

6eEXWb2.png

Last edited:
I'm in love again with my CS Large Luzon. I've seen a lot of arrogant comments about this knife: snarly reviewers don't like the way it opens, the way it closes, the way it looks, the way it smells, and of course the 8Cr13MoV. I can tell you what I like about this knife:

- first off, the way it opens: I like flippers, and this one flips well — but you have to press the flipper tab really hard; I would say I have rather strong hands and fingers so it's not a big deal for me, but I have seen a lot of complaints about that
- solidly made: no blade play whatsoever, given the large blade size
- the size, of course: 6 inches give a lot of competitive advantage
- the looks: sleek clip point looks cool and
- penetrates well
- very smooth closure, you release the blade and it closes by gravity
- and of course the price tag!

I like it so much that I'm planning to buy its younger brother, the 4-inch Medium Luzon (which is already XL!). As to 8Cr13MoV, I'm not above it, you know.

Here is my proud Large Luzon:

1cnDHuK.png

m6RNQpo.png

cGi4Ypt.png

2KdgvLs.png

Ko0Obrs.jpg

Last edited:
Here you go NotSoDull:
iKvUEqGh.jpg

I've been contemplating a new acquisition: either a 5 MAX, or another 4 MAX Elite. Just waiting on the optimum "sale-moment" at my favorite vendor.

Last edited:
Back