What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

Update:
This is by no means an exact count but here's a summary of what seems to be some of the more popular Swiss army knives:

swissarmyknifechart.jpg

/Update

What's your favorite Swiss army knife?

Here's mine:

techline.jpg

The original Soldier and Classic SD are also favorites.

Last edited:
The Huntsman. About 16 years ago (+/-), I found one, run over in the road. It was missing a scale, so I replaced both with Phil. Mahogany, and it took some work to get back in working shape. I carried it for 14+ years, and about the time I retired it, and decided to get a new one...what happens? I find another SAK Huntsman, lying in the road. So, I've used that one pretty consistently ever since.

thx - cpr

My first SAK was a Vic Hiker which I got in the mid 80's, and had for 10 years before giving it up in favour of a Leatherman Multi Tool. I have just recently rediscovered the joys of having a SAK again. I was going to get another Hiker, but decided I needed scissors as well. After much searching, I decided on a Huntsman.

I like my supertinker but if i could get my hand on a fieldmaster that would be my new fav. The centurion is close behind.

SwissChamp IMO, except that I have to belt carry - too much bulk for a pants pocket (dress pants).

As far as pocket carry - Huntsman.

For twenty-five or so years, there has been a Soldier or Pioneer or SI in my pocket for SAK EDC duties.

If I want the toothpick and such, I supplement the alox with a Spartan with Plus scales.

dan :)

Talk about a tough question. There are lots of SAKs that I love for different reasons. From a practical point of view, if I could only have one of them, then I'd have to go for my Champion. From a personal point of view I'd go for my old Compact that my young daughter got me (with some help from me of course) :) .

I still like my first - an Executive - followed close behind by an 84mm Tinker
Peace
Revvie

Probably the hiker my father gave as a birthday present about 18yrs ago. It was always enough knife for the job. I have a newly aquired farmer and a fieldmaster that are vying for number one edc SAK status.

I just whish Vic would come out with a one handed opening version, I am going to pick up a PE trekker soon!

RickJ

"supratentorial", you had to pick an awesome combination!
Attaching a pair of Scissors would certainly complete my idea of the best package a 100%. That, and having it in black alox scales instead.

I can't just pick one, but if forced, it would be the original Manager née Voyager (philips). Among the larger ones, I favor the very rare 84mm golfer with long file.

Back