Wheeler Fighting Bowie Project :) ( UPDATED CUTTING & FORGING VIDEOS)

Thanks for another GREAT video buddy.....striving for perfection at it's very best. :)

Hey guys :)

Between a ton of hours clocked in at work, as well as studying for my progress reviews, my "spare time" has been almost non-existent... But I did get another video cobbled together... :)

[video=youtube;jbHCsXbtvNw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHCsXbtvNw[/video]

My fingers hurt from watching......guess I was holding that sandpaper too tight. ;)

Not sure how I missed this in the beginning. But it took me two days off and on to read all the posts and catch up to this point. I've been watching the videos at lunch and still have a bunch to go. Just like so many others have already said Nick...you are a true artist and craftsman! The time you have taken to document this project and create the great videos is amazing!

Thank You!!

Adding my thanks as well, Nick !
These Fighting Bowies, this thread & the vids are incredibly well done and masterful.

Doug

Hey fellas :)

Here is part 8...which gets us through the final shaping and finishing of one of the JoeyP Bowies.

I'm sure I'll take some video of some of the other blades as I get them finished, but this video gets us to a completed knife (other than any touch-up and final sharpening). :)

[video=youtube;_oXY2xZU5jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oXY2xZU5jQ[/video]

Another video that should be nominated for an award.....Academy maybe?!? ;)

As an aside, a line once shouted by an infamous individual and now repeated with with a bit of variance......"Don't shoeshine me, Bro!!!!" :D

I have been watching this thread for a while, great videos, very informative.
Thank you Mr. Wheeler!!!

Your Zen like approach to your craft is something to behold!

Very interesting. Love your jigs, tools and stuff!

Steve
---------
Member, W.F. Moran Foundation

Bump. :)
PMed you last week but sometimes the forum PMs are a little wonky.
How'zit goin', Nick ?

Doug

Wow... Amazing work on gorgeous knives. One of these with natural canvas micarta would be my idea of perfect.

Recently arrived along with a small friend, seemed a shame not to keep them together, Kenny Rowe did the honours with the Sheath.

thanks Nick and Joe for another epic collaboration.

That's a great idea for a matched set - the little knife is a perfect compliment and Kenny did a nice job with the kangaroo sheath.

Still looking forward to receiving mine.

Nick's been a tough guy to get ahold of. I hope he's doing ok.

Another superb Joe Paranee/Nick Wheeler Fighting Bowie !
That rig with it's companion blade really ROCKS.
Congrats.

Doug

I am so pleased these knives are getting done

Thank you all for your patience

Nick truly is one of the greats

Back