When TSA takes your pocket knife

Search ebay under NTSA. Purchase his knife and contact him and see if he'll mention you in his material.

TSA confiscated my DPX gear triple black last summer. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to go back through security after mailing it to myself. Luckily I pulled $300 out of a slot machine on my Vegas layover so the loss was mostly just emotional 😄

Year ago I the TSA spotted my Leatherman multitool. Fortunately it was a TSA Safe one.

When they pulled me aside and told me that they need to look inside my bag, I asked them if they wanted to see my multitool. They said yes and I dug it out for them. The agent was probably early to mid thirties very nice about it. So he looks at it and I was telling him about some of the features and some of the tools it had that he didn't realize were on it. He was very interested in the design and features. Wouldn't surprise me if he went out and got one for himself. Had a very nice conversation and interaction with him.

In another incident, my son's back pack got searched. He was 2 or 3 at the time. The agent looks through his bag and pulls this metal spring out and asks "What is this?". It turns out that one of the sofa bed springs (holds the mattress support in place) in the hotel room fell off. He thought is was a toy and threw it in this stuff when he packed up to go. Kids are great!

Charlie's hilarious, I've been a fan for a long time, as he is somewhat local and my fiancee and I are Packers fans and owners.

That was funny. There really needs to be a better way. Secure it stow it give it back after the flight. I won’t buy tsa knives just on principle. Why do they even mention it in the auction? Is it a selling point?

Watching TSA security screenings most of the searches were for baby wipes. Must look like a brick of C-4. Lol.

I check my pockets 1000 times on my way to the airport. Lol.

Last edited:
It turns out that one of the sofa bed springs (holds the mattress support in place) in the hotel room fell off. He thought is was a toy and threw it in this stuff when he packed up to go.
This is so relatable.

I make sure to triple check I’m not carrying anything that might possibly get taken but one of my work mates likes to carry a TSA legal prybar; to avoide confiscation by any ill informed tsa agents he also packs a postage paid self addressed mailer envelope when we fly just in case. It’s not worth the time / headache to ask for a supervisor so if the unknowing or overzealous gate agent has a problem he just steps out of line and mails it to himself.

Back