Where are the Forum Rules???

I've looked through the FAQ and can't find the rule about not posting direct links to auctions, specifically eBay knife auctions...

Could some helpful soul kindly point me to it??? :confused:

Thank you! :)

I'm already guilty of rules infractions (I guess), but I don't recall reading anything about the auction linking when I signed up...might just be CRS syndrome, but I'd like to be sure... ;)

You can post a link to a dealer site (on ebay or not) in an appropriate forum (not here in Community Center) if it's for discussion purposes -- to illustrate what knife you're talking about. You can't post spam, including shilling an auction even if it isn't yours. Any link to a dealer site would be off-topic here in Community Center. If it's not a knife you can talk about it in Gadgets & Gear.

Rules for Community Center are posted in an announcement at the top of the forum. Rules for Bladeforums in general are posted in Bladeforums Service & Support: Sticky: Quick and dirty rules; or, How not to get Banned from BladeForums.com Don't expect to see every detail explicitly covered (it takes governments hundreds of volumes of law to do that, and then you have to hire an attorney to interpret it for you). When in doubt ask a moderator, or post a question in Bladeforums Service & Support.

Thanks for your reply, Cougar! :)

The links I have been posting are to [pretty much] *any* eBay auction; dealer or individual seller; for discussion of whether they are counterfeits, what year of production, general discussion of whether they are worth the asking price, or combinations of the above.

From your response, it is my understanding that linking is OK as long as we're not promoting sales, would that be correct???

And thanks for pointing out the location of the Rules; I'm still puzzling out how to navigate these here Forums... :p :thumbup:

I'm going to post a link to this thread in the Forum in question... ;)

Edit:...and I did find a link to the Users Agreement in Spark's Q&D thread...

http://www.bladeforums.com/copyright2.shtml

Welcome. As Cougar noted any question you may have regarding the rules and function of the forum should be posted in Service & Support. I'm sending this thread over there. :)

Some individual forums have special rules of their own. These will be in an announcement thread stuck to the top of the forum list. It's a good idea to review all of the announcement posts at the top of a forum before jumping into that forum.

Gollnick said:
It's a good idea to review all of the announcement posts at the top of a forum before jumping into that forum.

Thanks, Chuck! No specific announcements in the Buck Forum about linking -

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=701

BTW, the link in your sig is invalid... ;)

Gollnick said:
Chuck
Balisongs -- because it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!
http://www.balisongcollector.com

Please click HERE and read the bladeforums.com rules

Not Found

The requested URL /rules.shtml was not found on this server.

One of the things I like about BladeForums.com is the educational aspect of posting...

If I hadn't been interested in copying Chuck's sig, I wouldn't have known how to post a "labeled link"... :D

Like this here...

URL Hyperlinking

...Hmmmm...Chuck has some really nice looking Balisongs on his site...and I love Little Debbie's brownies... :D

The linking rules apply to all forums as do most of the rules posted in the FAQ. There are certain forums that have specific rules such as Community.

K.V. Collucci said:
The linking rules apply to all forums as do most of the rules posted in the FAQ...

I can't find a rule specifically referring to auctions, but I think I get the general idea of it. The idea being to direct sales to the Knife Exchange Forum, where the appropriate level of membership is required to sell... :)

That's all good! ;) :thumbup:

Yes, but even though you have the correct membership to sell you still cannot link to your own eBay auctions in the Exchange.

Back