Where do you use your Beckers?

Hooray for EMS!
(a friend of mine once said he shopped there so much he must be a partial owner by now, and they always had helpful staff)

core hunting tools (minus pack and a thousand layers of clothing):
huntools-small.jpg

And a not-very-thrilling afterthought snapshot of trekking around the pond yesterday afternoon chasing footprints near the RI/CT border. Deer tracks, skunk tracks, and the littler things too. Only mammals actually observered were squirrels and myself if I bothered to turn the phone around...:

ASC-northpond-small.jpg

Alas, I find that with the easy availability of cameras these days the quality of my pictures has degenerated. It used to take some work and a bit of forethought. Now it's just "oh, how about a pic. *snap*." And thus the bar is lowered...

-Daizee

Hooray for EMS!
(a friend of mine once said he shopped there so much he must be a partial owner by now, and they always had helpful staff)

i'm practically the EMS poster boy. it's so sad. people think i'm staff when i'm there, and i KNOW the products. oiy.

i LOVE their customer return sell offs though. i got a marvelous Hammerhead Sled there once for a heart stoppingly LOW price. omg :)

41rZhpjIKaL._SS400_.jpg

zoom

Kahn's pics look similar to the country around here. She's -25 today so not conducive to tip toeing through the tulips, although the warden might drag me out, as I screech like a nine year old girl. My mistake was getting her snowshoe\poles etc on the 25th. I've been out shooting ptarmigan at around -45 a few years ago and it can be handled dressing properly. But I admit to not being a fan of extreme cold. Oh, correction, the warden and I were going to go a rompin in the snow but it's now -30. Pass.

Last edited:
Ok, that is one High tech turtle, dude is sportin' a DirectTV.

Second, ta hell with them snakes. I don't trust anything that can't shrug.
:D

Moose

Naw, he's just catchin' the game on his transister radio! A Directv dish would be even funnier! Imagine the pain in the arse (literally) cable would be for the poor little guy. the cord has to go somewhere!:eek:

OP: Amazing pics! Thanks for taking us all along on your trips!!!:thumbup:

Some of the many places I like to use or have my Becker with me is up in the north cascade's, just camping out and having a fire and working on skills and riding freight trains!

4423266365_46b9ec6fa7_b.jpg

4424032472_02fb0fc266_b.jpg

5057594962_b3c2cc3023_b.jpg

5233799731_4a8d4b5352_b.jpg

5098301724_224cb54336_b.jpg

I dont have pictures and BK2 is still on its way,but I'll try and show pictures of my place. Hopefully by tommorrow I'll show where the Becker will roam soon...lol

Kahn's pics look similar to the country around here. She's -25 today so not conducive to tip toeing through the tulips, although the warden might drag me out, as I screech like a nine year old girl. My mistake was getting her snowshoe\poles etc on the 25th. I've been out shooting ptarmigan at around -45 a few years ago and it can be handled dressing properly. But I admit to not being a fan of extreme cold. Oh, correction, the warden and I were going to go a rompin in the snow but it's now -30. Pass.

It's been a while since it's been much below zero here for any length of time. Sounds nippy!

---

Beckerhead #42

@ md 25v - sweet pics and video. i love reptiles! especially snakes :thumbup:

i usually hike in harriman & bear mountain state parks - both less than an hour away from nyc. i really like going there since it's such a huge area and there's a lot of elevation changes. in the spring, i can go from just wearing a t-shirt on the parking lot to wearing my winter jacket and beanie on at the peak, all within just a mile of hiking.

005_001.jpg

006_002.jpg

007_003.jpg

007_005.jpg

008_001.jpg

009_005.jpg

009_034.jpg

016_003.jpg

016_009.jpg

ofcourse, my beckers/ka-bar are just as comfortable out in the woods as they are in my backyard when i'm drinking and feel like playing with fire :D

backyard_fire_beckers.jpg

...they don't always have to chop wood...but when they do, they prefer iron wood...they are the most interesting knives in the world.

Here's me using my 7 to make some some fuzzies
PICT0054-2.jpg

some trusted gear by my favorite lake camp spot
PICT0050-2.jpg

a view of the aforementioned lake
PICT0028-13.jpg

teaching the nephew to make some kindling
PICT0008-35.jpg

helpin gout with a debris hut
PICT0012-24.jpg

PICT0012-21.jpg

PICT0001-48.jpg

PICT0012-20.jpg

PICT0003-39.jpg

PICT0002-40.jpg

Man! You guys are going to some awesome places. I think I'll be posting up some pix of my adventures this spring / summer.

No where yet but hopefully in the body of a deer this weekend. It'll be on a ranch near Bronte Texas. Great pictures guys.

Back