whether you like Sarah Palin or not Politically.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is getting some negative attention in the media for killing a caribou

Do people forget were food comes from?

Yes they do.....I kid you not, in High School, a buddy hit a small buck with his pickup, and myself and another friend dressed it out and butchered it. We asked him if he wanted some of the meat, and his reply was "No, I don't want any meat from an animal, I only eat meat from the store......."

Swear to God, that's what he said. :confused::confused::confused:

I applaud her for the hunting episode, she had to know going in that certain folks would crucify her for it, but they probably are the type that hated her already, so no big loss. :)

She is getting some negative attention in the media for killing a caribou

Yep. People are morons. I'll do my best to kill an extra deer this year in honor of the anti-hunting sheeple.

---

Beckerhead #42

idiots, don't have a problem if it comes on styrofoam, yet cry holy hell if a person goes out and harvests there own. All the while crying at how inhumane hunting it is. They sure as hell don't know what goes on in a slaughter house. let alone the amount of money that is directed to conservation and preservation of the animals and our environment, that comes directly from hunters through licenses and tags etc. besides all that, imagine if they even entertained the thought that meat isn't supposed to glow in the dark red(though i'd say that would be too much thinking for the majority)

As Ted says... "ya gotta kill it before ya grill it." :)

Among carnivores, the difference lies in who kills the meat. I prefer to kill my own.

She killed it-dressed it-processed it-whats not to like. Sheeple can eat styrofoam and plastic wrap. This was a good segment imho.

Good for her. I wish more people would take an interest in food procurement, whether by hunting, gathering, gardening, or all three.

However, needing six shots with two guns, and her father(?) cycling the bolt and reloading for her makes me think she needs a bit more range time.

5 shots with one gun, one shot with the other, and they did show later that the first gun was off, when her dad tried to shoot it at the paper plate.

It also, was the gun her dad was carrying when he fell earlier in the episode, which had me wondering if that was why the scope was off??

I liked the bumper sticker they had briefly shown. I think it said Vegetarian Indian word for Poor Hunter. :D :thumbup:

They don't know where it's from, and they don't know how to prepare it. Go into a convenience store and look at the apple already cut in wedges and packed in plastic like a computer part. Look at the salads already prepared, packed the same way.

These people think meat is made in vats like tofu or yogurt.

Good for Sarah!

"If God intended for us to be vegetarians, then why did he make all the animals out of meat?"

Can't say that I'm much of a supporter of her, but this is ridiculous.
Seems funny how most of the anti-hunting types I know don't even do the vegetarian thing or anything like that, somehow the stuff from the grocery store is fine, so long as it doesn't look anyhing like the animal it came from.

I can shut down most mouthy veggie/vegan types real fast, because for 3 years I was one.

It's a simple fact of life, that whether you eat meat or not, somewhere, somehow in some way, for you to eat, something else died.

listen to the carrots screaming
yes i know you think i'm dreaming
or hallucinating

every living thing must die
the carrot dreads its soul must fly
but why by peeling or by grating

honor every helpless green
shun the salad and the bean
life is love but eating's hating

Caribou, the other white meat!
:D

Love Sarah; wish she could have my kids. :thumbup::)

My friend has a cool bumper sticker. Says, "I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, just to eat veggies"

I think she has come across really well on the program....it doesn't hurt that she is easy on the eye as well !;):thumbup:

listen to the carrots screaming
yes i know you think i'm dreaming
or hallucinating

every living thing must die
the carrot dreads its soul must fly
but why by peeling or by grating

honor every helpless green
shun the salad and the bean
life is love but eating's hating

That was awesome :thumbup:

Good for her. I wish more people would take an interest in food procurement, whether by hunting, gathering, gardening, or all three.

However, needing six shots with two guns, and her father(?) cycling the bolt and reloading for her makes me think she needs a bit more range time.

5 shots with one gun, one shot with the other, and they did show later that the first gun was off, when her dad tried to shoot it at the paper plate.

It also, was the gun her dad was carrying when he fell earlier in the episode, which had me wondering if that was why the scope was off??

I was starting to wonder about her shooting skills too. The scope probably was whacked when her dad fell down. As long as he has hunted though, I'm a little surprised he didn't check it after falling....

After she took the rifle from their friend, that she had supposedly never shot, and when she asked if it was going to kick and was told yes, she pulled off the shot, it restored some confidence in her ability.

I don't have a problem with those that don't like to hunt, as long as they keep it to themselves. Like most that feel the need to criticize, they are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites...

These people need to spend some time in Alaska. People are different there, in a good way. Its what they do, and how a lot of them survive.
Why not ? The state has an abundance of wildlife, and its damn fine eatin...

I've hunted since I was a kid, and have brought my son, who is 13, up hunting and fishing. Hopefully he will pass it on to his kids. My son goes to a big middle school, and as far as he knows, there is only one other kid in the entire school that hunts.

I never really cared for Sarah Palin before, but after watching her show every week, I have really started to like and respect her.

I was starting to wonder about her shooting skills too. The scope probably was whacked when her dad fell down. As long as he has hunted though, I'm a little surprised he didn't check it after falling....]

I wonder if maybe he normally would have check the scope afterwards but was distracted by the team of cameramen are following.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back