Which Benchmade are you carrying today?

rPDxA4K.jpg

I figured it was because of the weight. At 5.8 oz it's a heavy blade and they promote the bugout class alot more. I love my turret, it has been in my lh pocket 90% of the time lately.

Had the turret and casbah today.

GBCPa2P.jpeg

Perhaps, but a contemporary of the Turret was the aluminum Presidio 2, which is about the same dimension, but even heavier at 6.3 oz, and we all know those did pretty well. Granted, I personally prefer the CF Elite Presidio 2 over the aluminum, and would love to see G10 or micarta scales available for it, but I know plenty of other folks preferred the aluminum in spite of the additional weight.

For me, between the Presidio 2 and Turret it’s a very close, but I give the Turret an extra point for style. I’m glad I was able to find one.

I'm still carrying a BM 556-1 that I picked up a few years ago from a certain online dealer..

Love it's size. The feel of the smooth G10 in the hand, and while the blade shape is not my favorite, the 20CV steel has been great!

It's probably best $120 that I've ever spent on a pocket knife.. :)

I'm still carrying a BM 556-1 that I picked up a few years ago from a certain online dealer..

Love it's size. The feel of the smooth G10 in the hand, and while the blade shape is not my favorite, the 20CV steel has been great!

It's probably best $120 that I've ever spent on a pocket knife.. :)
I have that with the black partially serrated blade, and it is pretty nice - 556SBK-1. The blade shape is not my favorite either, and I prefer the Benchmade Doug Ritter version blade shape more, but the G10 does feel better than the GRN scales.

IMG_7338.JPG

My old school Benchmade, bought probably mid to late 90’s.

The little round “Bali-Song” cover fell off and got lost. Need to look at trying to get a replacement one of these days, as it looks pretty cruddy.

Pictures deleted to make space for new ones

Last edited:
Back