Recommendation? Which steel knife do you like?

kang san

Gold Member
안녕하세요
저는 한국에서 요리사로 일하고 있는 강산입니다
하루에 400인분의 야채를 먹는 편이고 일본식 칼, 중국식 칼, 한국식 칼 여러 개를 다뤘습니다.
무딘 칼날에 지쳐서 고품질의 칼날을 찾고 있었습니다

440c / vg10 / spg2 / zdp189 / hap40 / m390 / 10v
등등

나는 스테인레스 스틸과 히타치 스틸을 대부분 사용해 보았습니다.

그런데 지금 한인커뮤니티가 히타치제강을 최고로 치는군요. 어떻게 생각하시나요?

나는 cpm-10v와 asp60의 식칼을 가장 좋아한다.

번역기를 사용해서 쓰는거라 문맥이 이상하더라도 양해부탁드립니다

"Hello My name is Kang San and I work as a chef in Korea I tend to eat 400 servings of vegetables a day, and I've dealt with several Japanese, Chinese, and Korean knives. I was tired of blunt blades and was looking for a high-quality blade 440c / vg10 / spg2 / zdp189 / hap40 / m390 / 10v et cetera I've tried stainless steel and Hitachi steel for the most part. But now the Korean community is hitting Hitachi Steel as the best. What do you think? I like the CPM-10V and ASP60's cleaver the most. I am using a translator, so please understand if the context is strange"

K kang san
메시지를 영어로 게시해주세요
I do not believe there is one "best" steel. Any of the steels you mentioned can be sharpened to a fine edge. Among the Hitachi paper steels my personal favorite is Aogami (Blue Paper) Super. I like the way it sharpens and holds a edge quite well. For a stainless powder steel I use R2. But I have knives ranging from 4116 variant to VG10. A professional chef may do better with a powder steel for it's longer edge retention.
The steel is just one of the knife's attributes.. Things like, size, weight, balance, user comfort etc all come into play.

Last edited:
Back