• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Who can refurbish my Tim Hancock blade?

Howdy!

I picked up a nice little fixed blade made by Tim Hancock at a second-hand store in Phoenix a couple years ago. The previous owner did not treat this blade well unfortunately, but I paid almost nothing for it. I emailed Tim that summer asking if he would consider polishing up the blade and regrinding the bevel, he let me know he would when he was feeling up to it as he was going through some health issues at the time. I've checked back in with him a couple times but without response, and I've heard that he is retired now. I hope he is well!

Do any of you have recommendations on someone who does good work at reasonable prices that could spruce my knife up (blade polish and edge grind)? I'm in Phoenix, but I am comfortable shipping the knife if needed. I'll see if I can get some pics posted.

Last edited:
This is disappointing to hear that Tim is no longer healthy. Sigh... :(

This said, very few makers can polish a knife as well as 'D Alton Holder from Wickenburg. Looks to be an hour away? he's a veteran maker who I have always respected.

http://dholder.com/

Good luck!

maybe you could take it down to Travis Wuertz in Casa Grande
he might be too busy but he knows Tim and might be able to assist

Yeah, Travis Wuertz will know who can help. Maybe Mike Quesenberry would be a good one, he knows Tim well and has studied under him some.

Hoss

Back