Who I am building for .... the order list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark,
Per our conversation 30 June you still have me on "the list" for the booshway in 5160 right?
thanks

Mark,
Per our conversation 30 June you still have me on "the list" for the booshway in 5160 right?
thanks

Yes! got it for sure now. Steel will be in next month, I will make sure it happens by the date you needed it....

Thanks Mark for getting me on the order list for a booshway! I'm a total rookie when it comes to the different steels... what is better about 5160 vs. 1095 and is it that noticable? Thanks for your time!

I have located a source of steel. It's an old friend , 8670m (L-6 equivalent) from Admiral steel. For the first year I made knives full time, I made them out of L-6. It makes a extremely tough knife. Due to the size of the peice of steel I am ordering and shipping costs, I need about 4 confirmed orders with a deposit of 50.00 to get the ball rolling. I don't mind making stuff that is out of the box as long as you guys want to buy it. Current price will be 225.00 plus shipping. Sheaths are available at a reasonable price, or contact Noah L as he has made sheaths for these before. If you want one post up in the order thread even if you contact me by other means. MARK PUT ME DOWN FOR 1 THANKS DON B. :thumbup:

I have enough steel left to do one booshway, so I will get some ordered after the 9th. Then I am going to focus hard on booshways cause the order list is getting stacked deep one them! :thumbup: Also, when the new steel gets here, pay attention to Pit's posts cause I am going to ship him a Baby Booshway and he will give us run down on it !!!

I have enough steel left to do one booshway, so I will get some ordered after the 9th. Then I am going to focus hard on booshways cause the order list is getting stacked deep one them! :thumbup: Also, when the new steel gets here, pay attention to Pit's posts cause I am going to ship him a Baby Booshway and he will give us run down on it !!!

;):D:thumbup:

Mrs Pit says she will do the review !!!!:eek:

p9050095.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-09-06

And as in the pic above there may be beer involved !

Thanks Mark for getting me on the order list for a booshway! I'm a total rookie when it comes to the different steels... what is better about 5160 vs. 1095 and is it that noticable? Thanks for your time!

from Wikipedia-

Modern bladesmiths use a variety of steels to produce their blades, most commonly high carbon steel, such as SAE 1075 or SAE 1095 (the '10' representing the 10-series carbon steels, while '75' '85' and '95' reflect the carbon content of the steel), tool steel such as O-1, A-2, D2 or other tool or high carbon steels.

Swords and longer blades, in modern times, are often crafted of 5160 carbon spring steel, which is not as hard or brittle as a high carbon steel (such as 1095), but is more durable and less prone to breakage, and therefore more suitable for longer weapons. 5160 carbon spring steel is sometimes used for leaf springs in American trucks[19], making it readily available in the US. In the UK & Europe, EN45 is more commonly used.

For further clarification, 5160 spring steel is more durable than 1085 or 1095 high carbon steel, but does not hold an edge for quite as long. 1095 high carbon steel is tougher and more durable than 440C stainless steel, but will rust much more easily. Most stainless steel is more brittle than both 5160 and 1095 carbon steel, but is still very useful due to its resistance to rust and corrosion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_steel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bladesmith

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_steel

L-grade tool steel is short for low alloy special purpose tool steel. L6 is extremely tough.

now... how does L6 compare to 5160? i can't tell you. :D

i've heard some say that 5160 is fairly inexpensive.

Help me update this list! I have been busy with school and the last 6 weeks I have have been very sick. Feeling better now and have a month off, so If you have ordered something, contact me and let me know what you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back