Who is the most effective combative arts teacher by your standards today?

When it comes to the best martial artist, Chuck Norris wins hands down. Too bad he doesn't teach his methods. His techniques are so secret. Even if he ever tried to teach is skill, nobody woud be able to perform them anyways because of their difficulty.
He doesn't use weapons. Rarely does he even use his fists. Don't even look him in the eye. He can knock you down with one glance from his left eye. His power approaches supernatural. He can kill with a phone call.
Even in his golden years, he is still deadlier than ever. The old man smell he is starting to get scares cancer away.
Chuck will just get more powerful and he gets older.
Chuck Norris doesn't fear death. Death fears Chuck Norris

Hey death's head, I liked your old Avatar better, about your comment though I think you must have more imaginative ways than this tired Chuck Norris gag to make a mockery of me dont you?

stickbobby said:
Hey death's head, I liked your old Avatar better, about your comment though I think you must have more imaginative ways than this tired Chuck Norris gag to make a mockery of me dont you?
If you are offended, sorry. But why do you feel you are being mocked?

No dont get me wrong and please dont apologize, Im all for mockery of anyone, I think it is really cool when someone asks an honest question about the best martial arts instructor and another poster talks about Chuck Norris, it is just that the Chuck Norris thing is so dull and used, it is the same as listening to white noise, BORING.

stickbobby said:
No dont get me wrong and please dont apologize, Im all for mockery of anyone, I think it is really cool when someone asks an honest question about the best martial arts instructor and another poster talks about Chuck Norris, it is just that the Chuck Norris thing is so dull and used, it is the same as listening to white noise, BORING.
Take it easy now sticky. People are always going to make comments that you don't like or don't agree with. It is not going to the in your best interest to become offensive to people who are trying to bring humor into the topic. You have to remember, this is a forum.

... Regarding the whole Chuck Norris thing:

Not for nothing, but I mean, Chuck is an accomplished martial artist... look at his early film work with Bruce Lee (pre Walker times, haha).

Now, that's not to say that I'm going to back him up as one of the best martial artists/teachers out there, but just thought I'd throw it out onto the field...

Steven Gartin-- Bapak Willem de Thouars has repeatedly said that he is the best knife guy he has ever trained, and Mr. Gartin has been a 30 year student of Uncle Bill's.. I'm also biased as I've trained under both men extensively.

kelly worden is probably no.1 with kelly mccann and rick hernandez following up.hocheim is good too.vunak is awesome sober

TLE/REL said:
Here are some that I have trained with and have the most respect for. Guro Dan Inosanto, Grandmaster Giron, Steve Tarani, Hock Hochheim, James Keating, Guro Ricardo Kayana (SP??) with Sayoc Kali, Guro Jeff Chung, Tuhon Ray Dionaldo w/ Sayoc Kali, Marc Denny w/ Dog Brothers, E. Emerson, Mike Janich, Bram Franks, Ben Salas.

Brian

I agree with the above, plus some many to choose from. Two guys from NYC GrandMaster Soto and Charles Nelson (USMC) RIP.

S/F,
CEYA!

Check out Hank Hayes he has a company called No Lie Blades I just saw his video on knife, very interseting.

Bear is great .
He is in L.A now but will be back in Tland to compleat his training of his students . I guess they are going to the Big meet in Jland this year .

Some I've trained with for a second, others I've only watched on video or spoken with if lucky. In no specific order and not necesarrily the Filipino Arts

Tony Blauer
Dan Inosanto
The Atienza's
The Sayoc clan
Bill McGrath
Leo Gaje
The Ilustrisimo clan
Steve Grody
Willem DeThuoars
Rick Hernandez
Bob Orlando
Ray Dionaldo
Paul Vunak
Rich Chen
Jesus Vasquez
Eddie Jafri(RIP)
Wally Jay
Moses Powell (RIP)
Shoto Tanemura
Herman Suwanda (RIP)
Man the list is probably endless....

Well, if any of toy was wondering about people this side of the big pond, I may suggest Daniel Lamac, Fred Perrin and Eric Laulogne in France, Michaelis Kossivakis in Greece, Ljubomir Yordanov in Bulgaria, just to name a few of those less known to the general public. Instructors in GErmany and Italy are numerous, depending on what you're looking for. In Russia, you also have bunch of interesting people, but being my personal field of research I couls go even more in deep on the last ones, so if you are really interested...just say.

I'll throw my vote in for Blaise Loong. I admire how he will go toe to toe with you. He has often been referred to as a "martial athlete". There are so many great teachers out there as well. I also really like Eric Paulson with whom I trained with for a short time but learned lots.

I'll throw a vote behind Blaise Loong also.
I haven't trained with him, but have had several exchanges with
him, and have used his videos extensively.
His skill definately comes across.
Thanks, TJT

Back