Who owns a Dobruski ??

...no, since GG wouldn't sell me CB21...:( On second thought, I'll go ahead and order my own, since I liked the look of CB36, with the tanto blade and the CF inserts, or were they G10? I don't know...:confused:
I'll have to check out the options for one, and the payments options to boot. I still can't believe Dobruski can ship them into the US without Customs throwing a coniption(sp?)...:D

cb30.jpg

Ok, Blasto:

Dobruski or DoBILLSki? Here's how you can solve this problem, and I've seen your videos, so I know it would work.
You pick up a bill, toss it in the air, and then practice your double bali routine. In just a matter of seconds, POOF! No more bills. They would be shred to bits. You could even get Ned the Ninja (Awesome video, btw) to help you. I guess, though, that you would really have to have Dobruski make you an extra special custom bali. Maybe one with tires so you could have something to drive after they repo your car for not making the payments. Ok, scratch that whole idea. Maybe the Dobruski can wait. :D

DriveMaster

What I want to see is pictures of all of his Balisongs in order. I've noticed that his website is missing pictures of the following CB's:

8, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25 29, 30, 33, 34, 35

We've seen CB36 in this thread but it's not on Taymo.com either. If you have pictures of any of the ones that are missing, please post them. Also, posting a picture does not mean that you own the knife, esp. since they are illegal to import and I don't want anyone to admit to a crime.

Carry mine in the daily rotation (avg about 65% in pocket), have actually worn some of the stag material off the handle (see arrow).

What a great knife!!

The blade has held up incredibly; using it in everyday tacks of cutting boxes, trout, etc. Alot of flipping. It has a pocket clip so it goes everywhere with me, no sheath or digging in the pocket necessary.

Look very closely, you'll see the tang pin is actually radiused. Amazing.

What a great carry!!

dobruski&trainer.jpg

-Michael

Those are really great knives, Chefget. VERY nice! :D

I'm not too crazy about damascus blades, but the CB21 (the bottom one in 'The Boyz' thread), with the bowie blade... Damn. I just gotta say: Dobruski really makes the nicest blade profiles. And definately the bowies. Benchmade with their 43: HAH! ;)

Chefget,
Thanks for the post. My wife thinks I'm crazy for wanting to USE my better knives. It's good to know that customs w/ stag inlay and Damacus blades can stand up to moderate useage. I don't think I could justify buying a custom if it couldn't be used.

What I want to see is pictures of all of his Balisongs in order. I've noticed that his website is missing pictures of the following CB's: 8, 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 18, 19, 23, 24, 25 29, 30, 33, 34, 35

Sorry, but I lost the pictures of a few balis. The remaining is not online because they are similar to the ones already posted. It was just to avoid repeating the models. CB36, with carbon fiber inserts will be online in the next update.
Actually there are 36 custom balis with 21 clients in Europe, Brazil and USA.

Glad to have you back on-line! I hope the vacation was a great one and you're ready to get back to turning out those fine balis......;)

thanks Dawkind.
It was a really fantastic vacation. I drove 5000 kms. to Uruguay and back. Visited many interesting cities and met a bunch of new (at least to me)knifemakers. All handmade production sold to local market. No one excepcional but you can see that very soon they will be showing good works. I even helped an undecided Uruguayan turtle to cross the road, as you can see in the picture below. But now the vacation is over and it is time to work hard to save money for the next one. (just for the records, this turtle is still alive and didn't become a knife handle)

Attachments

• 022 mauro e a tartaruga.jpg
    022 mauro e a tartaruga.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 189
Mauro, glad to have you back - get Mauricio to hurry up and get to my order, and then slow down. ;)

That turtle's sure glad you were on vacation and not looking for new handle materials!

Originally posted by nybble
Mauro, glad to have you back - get Mauricio to hurry up and get to my order, and then slow down. ;)
Mauricio? Don't you mean Dobruski? :p

chefget, it does my heart good to know someone is using their knife. It was created for this. Granted, it is a work of art but the true beauty is that it's a knife first. To buy a knife and never use it as a knife is something i'll never understand, but what do i know. Anyway, you made my day. Later

Hello All,

I have no access over the weekend, well limited at best. Sorry for not responding sooner.

The inserts are CF in Ti handles. ATS34 blade.

It's a dream :D , a piece of art you can put in your pocket.

Every dog has it's day...LD

You know, I forgot to ask a very important question... how do they flip? I know that quality of a bali probably isn't always proportionate to how well they flip. For those of you who own a BM4x and a Dobruski, can you pull off the same manipulations with each? Does it fly straight and balanced in the air? Manipulating is an intregal part of my day to day life, and frankly, as important as water and sunlight. :D Regardless of fit and finish, it's really only good to me if it flips well.

I crave answers! ;)

Blasto: I've heard they're a bit stiff to flip. Not as smooth as the 42, for instance.
But then again, I haven't tried either one of them. Just what I've heard.

One more thing... Thems' is some nice lookin' balis!! :eek: :eek:
This single thread has, if nothing else, solidified my decision to get two of these babies. Yes, I firmly believe that balis should ONLY be purchased in pairs. :D The last thing I need is to have my two hands bickering over who gets to play with it. :rolleyes:

John, that drop point weehawk tanto is eye-poppin'!! It's like two profiles for the price of one!

Back