why all of the 4.1's for sale lately??

Hey guys. I'm still breaking in my 4.1 that recently received. Thanks to all awhile back for the carry suggestions. I'm just curious as to the sudden rise in 4.1's hitting the exchange lately. There weren't very many being sold a few months back. Is it just people who like myself recently received Their 4.1's after this most recent production run and are unsatisfied? Or are people selling to fund one of the newer gso models? Just curious. Mine seems like a terriffic blade and I'm wondering why so many are selling.

This has come up before on facebook, and I think it's a combination of things. They sold for so cheap this last go-around (Especially the factory 2nds) and given that they easily sell for around $200+ (way above what they last went for) it is an easy return on an investment. This could be premeditated by people who wanted to turn a buck, or maybe people are trying to sell to fund the new models or different knives etc. I have also noticed about 5 busse gladius swords on the exchange lately, but I don't think its because everyone suddenly decided they hated them. Just wait a couple of weeks, I'm sure the 5.0's that are just now arriving will hit the secondary market for similar reasons. I think now that the pricing and availability is stabilizing you wont see such rushes.

As for the 4.1, it is so far my favorite survive and I have 3 (looking for a 4th).

I don't have a definitive answer, but I'd like to think the 4.1's are being sold to fund purchases from the new line.

I know it's a free market and if people are willing to pay the prices then who am I to say otherwise, I personally think it's not the most stand up thing to do to purchase a factory second and then sell it for $75 more than you paid for it. That auction site is even worse..... "anyone want to buy my used GSO for $500??? It's a steal! Get it before someone else does!!"
Whoa, Silver Needle, chill out........

It's just like everything else. People buy something because they have to have it. When the excitement wears off, they get bored and want something else. (I am as guilty as anyone.) It has nothing to do with the quality of the knives.

Check the Busse knives for sale. Same thing, although some folks may be looking to make a profit.

Over the last year or so, I seriously considered moving a Survive! knife or two as I think that it would sell quickly, and perhaps make a couple bucks due to the availability issue. Then I could not bring myself to do it. In my book they represent the best value in knives for each one that I own. I have given away two, one to family and one to a friend, and I miss them both even though I had duplication and still own the same models. I decided that the price I would have to get to remove these from my collection was not reasonable, so I just ordered some of the new models that I don't have on the pre-order. There, problem solved.

Hey guys. I'm still breaking in my 4.1 that recently received. Thanks to all awhile back for the carry suggestions. I'm just curious as to the sudden rise in 4.1's hitting the exchange lately. There weren't very many being sold a few months back. Is it just people who like myself recently received Their 4.1's after this most recent production run and are unsatisfied? Or are people selling to fund one of the newer gso models? Just curious. Mine seems like a terriffic blade and I'm wondering why so many are selling.

You probably saw mine up for sale last week with the ghost jade and orange spines. I've had that for along time and put some custom touches on it...then it sat and sat some more and never got used again. It was just too nice for me at that point. I knew full well that someday that may be the case and ordered a 4.1 in 3v from the last batch. One that I could unregrettably beat on and not care. The money from the sale went toward a custom folder I've been wanting for a very long time.

I snagged two of the 4.1's without thumb jimping and really hope to never have to sell them.

I usually buy two of a knife if I really like it, so that if I destroy one and it can't be replaced I have a spare. But if money gets tight, spares get sold... so one day the one on the shelf might have to go away.

I wasn't trying to criticize anyone or anything, just wondering if I was missing some bit of knowledge. I know there are new models in the works and wondered if that was the reason.

Pretty sure it has more to do with the fact that you can't just go to the website and buy one.
So people are able to get what they paid (or more) right now and can wait a couple months to restock themselves with a newer model.

I just picked up a GSO 4.1 and paid a bit more than what the knife is worth because I wanted it NOW! I have been plugging away searching for over 3 months and would always hit the forums a couple hours late and the ones that were freshly listed would already be sold. With this noticeable influx of knives on the secondary market in the past couple days I was finally able to scoop one up and man am I glad I did.

It's just like everything else. People buy something because they have to have it. When the excitement wears off, they get bored and want something else. (I am as guilty as anyone.) It has nothing to do with the quality of the knives.

Check the Busse knives for sale. Same thing, although some folks may be looking to make a profit.

I do this unconsciously. I always say I'll never sell this knife. Weeks later its boxed up and getting sold. Lol

Funding for new models I'm guessing. :) Either way it goes right back to supporting S!K! :thumbup:

Back