Why am I not getting better ?

Bobby I shoot two distances 5-6 paces which is about 12 feet and 10-11 paces which is about 25 feet . My target stumps are about 20 inches diameter .

When really on the ball I step out about 5 paces more . (Very rare)

I tend to shoot at 5 paces to warm up and prefer to throw at 10 paces as it makes it more interesting . My best throwers are 3 S:K:S: short bayonets .
It may be because they are a set and I can get a rhythm going with them .

I just realised something . I will address this in another thread but mention it here . Some of these non stick throws is because I miss the target . If I could become more precise I am sure there would be a 10 percent improvement .

IMHO you should stay at the 12 ft area until you can hit them every time. The further you go back the less forgiving the knives will be. If you are throwing SKS bayonets at the further distance, that is part of your problem. I have been throwing for years and I only get two spins out of my knives at 21 ft. I have said this over and over. Get a good set of knives and you will do much better.

Honestly before I got on the internet there just was not much in the way of throwing knives available . You would see the odd one in the fleamarket . Overpriced and nothing of quality . I will stick to short distances and try to scare up a decent set of knives eventually . I kinda like throwing those bayonets though .

What makes a good set of knives ?

Honestly before I got on the internet there just was not much in the way of throwing knives available . You would see the odd one in the fleamarket . Overpriced and nothing of quality . I will stick to short distances and try to scare up a decent set of knives eventually . I kinda like throwing those bayonets though .

What makes a good set of knives ?

At least 12 inches in length and at least 12 ounces.
13-14 inches is best to build a good foundation, then once you start sticking you can try others. You need to determine what style of throwing you want to do and get a set (min of three) knives for that style. You can not throw conventional style and Ralphs style at the same time as a beginner.

I did have a nice set of large heavy (tank armor) throwers . Unfortunately someone else liked them as well .

So its back to basics and always throw the same knives . I guess a solid base of knowledge couldn,t hurt as well .

Back