Why are some Boker Knives inexpensive?

I have noticed that there are some high end Boker's and some other inexpensive Boker's! Is there a quality difference? I really like Boker designs but I also want to collect some "Good quality" knives. One of my favorites is my Boker Kalashnikov Auto...I got it a few years ago on sale from BHQ for under 50 but man, it seem solid and fun to play with! Looks pretty cool too! Is this a regular old gas station knife or a decent knife to hold on to and collect?

Yes there are several levels of quality on Boker knives. Knives with the Solingen tang stamp, are 100% made in Solingen Germany. There quality is very good. Next would be the knives with just Germany on the tang stamp. They are assembled in Germany, with parts sourced elsewhere. Next would be the knives made in Argentina, and then finally the knives made in China. Reportedly the quality of the Chinese made Boker's is highly variable. I say Reportedly, because I have never owned any of them. I have three of the Solingen made knives, and like them a lot.

O.B.

Yes there are several levels of quality on Boker knives. Knives with the Solingen tang stamp, are 100% made in Solingen Germany. There quality is very good. Next would be the knives with just Germany on the tang stamp. They are assembled in Germany, with parts sourced elsewhere. Next would be the knives made in Argentina, and then finally the knives made in China. Reportedly the quality of the Chinese made Boker's is highly variable. I say Reportedly, because I have never owned any of them. I have three of the Solingen made knives, and like them a lot.

O.B.
Interesting! Thank you for the reply. I will have to investigate a little further! I really like the looks of several Bokers!

Back