Why do I want a Becker Hawk?

I'd love to see a Becker Hawk. I know there's all that about preferring blades for chopping, but... ;) Whacking the snot outta firewood over the weekend with the BK2 had me thinking about a hawk, go figure.

I'm sure we all could find a use in the kitchen too. Figure it match great with a tweener as we... *cough cough* :thumbup:

go wild!

Becker Ulu!

Becker Nessmuk!

Becker Beer Bottle openers!

Bladite

If they can come up with a good sheath for it and stick the Becker handles on a simple, solid design I think it would be very popular. The sheath is key since most tomahawks suffer here and it'll bring more reason to go for a USA made and priced tomahawk.

I took a Cold Steel Vietnam tomahawk with me to Iraq in '04-05 because it had the best sheath, price point, features that I could tell, but carry was still awkward enough I ended up carrying a Ka-bar Fighting/Utility 95% of the time.

I might just have to go duct tape the bk2 on the end of a stick, just for the hell of it. It would not have much purpose other than being fun to hit stuff with.

Good call, a BKT tomahawk would be freakin' awesome, no doubt.

I'm thinking a modified BK2 "style", with deeper belly, nice cut back, smooth radius, and an octagon hammer pole.

Would you do wood, sythetic, or one piece?

Moose

Sounds pretty awesome

I like hawks, and I like Beckers so a combination of the two would be great!

and would match really well with a tweener...

Full haft maybe with a grivory 'shell/handle', I am partial to wood for hawks though.

oooo, maybe i'll play in photoshop... :D

One piece, with a small spike.
Becker handles.
Good sheath.
Unfortunatly I do not think it would be a good seller, but I could be wrong.

Heck, I would take one. Save me the hassle of having to look for one if it was a Becker.

I would kill for a Becker Hawk. A nice 1/4" thick one piece head/haft. Micarta slabs, lanyard loop, and "O" ring groves for adding "O" rings if we want.

about 12" for a CQC version, and a longer 18" version for throwing.

spike on top for doing damage.

I would buy one in a heartbeat. Becker's quality and value would make one heck of a nice Tomahawk for all your chopping needs.

Hawks need to be wood handled - you carry the head in your pack and can use as ulu, then when you need a handle or if handle breaks you can field expedite one.

Also solves all the question of how long the handle should be - ship it with a 30" piece of hickory and hack it off to suit your needs.

I second the hammer poll. 1095 with a nice differential heat treat.

I'm on the fence about it, I like the versatility of a pole hawk, but Becker builds some undoubtedly tough sonsoguns... A full steel haft would make 'sharpend pry bars' look like baby toys as far as destructive ability. On the fence.

Now a Becker blade on a 30" haft just makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

That being said a CS Trailhawk will be my next 'blade' purchase, then i'll be waiting to see what hits next year for BK&T. But I still ponder what BK&T's take on a hawk would be, and what a hawk knife duo that would be!

Back