Off Topic Why does the forum have ads from

Something you must have visited. The site doesn't choose ads, it's based on your browsing history I believe.
Exactly. It has a algorithm that reads your IP address and browsing history/cookies and feeds you ads that are likely to be tempting.

right now the header ad for me in this thread is a gaming laptop and the bottom is for Wendy's breakfast.

Then hilariously (at least to me) on the home page the ad is for Rafael Sampson SWS family; it's apparently an all in one solution so I'm tempted. Then the middle is a plasma cutter and the bottom is for RV roll up awnings. Kind of a let down after the defense industry teaser and definitely not as tempting but the cutter is advertised as having "many safety features" so that's reassuring.

Hold On, I guess I could use the plasma cutter to modify my AFV and add some spiffy roll up awnings for when we laager up in the afternoon.

Last edited:
It's a service. Spark doesn't choose the ads.

Something you must have visited. The site doesn't choose ads, it's based on your browsing history I believe.

I guarantee I have not been to anti-gun sites. I am disappointed to see that BF is taking money (even if indirectly) from a Bloomberg anti-gun org.

I guarantee I have not been to anti-gun sites. I am disappointed to see that BF is taking money (even if indirectly) from a Bloomberg anti-gun org.
Dude, bladeforums does not choose the ads. I believe we have covered this. Somehow, somewhere, your IP address is associated with that type of ad. And no offense, but you aren't paying to use this site so don't complain about ads that help finance your enjoyment of said website.

Buy a cheap membership and no more ads.

In the past, people have had issues logging in on their phone because their IP address was banned. Restarting pulled up a new IP and they could log back on. Maybe something like that, a shared IP, is causing you to see those ads.

Well they arent taking your money, so you dont really have any room to complain.

Also to be honest, not sure if gun safety is the same as gun control, but I haven't seen the ad so. Nothing wrong with gun safety.

Well they arent taking your money, so you dont really have any room to complain.

Also to be honest, not sure if gun safety is the same as gun control, but I haven't seen the ad so. Nothing wrong with gun safety.

Nothing wrong with gun safety indeed.

The group Everytown for Gun Safety is a gun control group. Gun safety sounds better and has more mass appeal than gun control. Not bad marketing .

Further discussion on this part of the topic is probably best left for another arena.

It's funniest when somebody gets on here or one of the other forums I'm on with a similar ad service all indignant about the "Adult ads" all over the website, one of a kid logged on and saw that. Then other members ask if they have been to these types of websites recently, some will own up to it, some insist they would never, the next question is- do you have a teenage son that uses that computer?... "Well, yeah"

Back