Why I love Spyderco knives.

Here's why, I don't know about any other folks here but every single spyderco i've gotten over about a 5 year period i have never found one to be defective, the quality these puppy's are made with is spectacular. Spyderco touches upon all the aspects of folders, different steels, handle materials, blade paterns, lock designs, and all together everything you would like in a knife. I got to say, when i first seen and bought by old version military, i was a little happy, until of coarse the lock failed the spine whack test, but ever since i traded that for a 910 stryker, i have never been happy, i then found out that spyderco was improving this model, so i literally fed the new military hard tests, it passed all my spine whack tests, cuts like a motherf*****, and never does the liner wear, not at all, i love what i call the "Lightweight Heft" of this knife. Spyderco, please keep on evolving into the knife world, i will always buy your products, you are #1 on my list.

Frank, aka rage.

Rage, check out the Starmate, if you like the Military, you'll love the testostrone loaded Starmate! ArhArhArh!!!

I started off with more Benchmade knives, but now I have been buying Spyderco knives and a few REKAT's, too.
smile.gif

The full ambidexterous feature is a great plus on the Spyderco since I am left-handed.

I'm hooked. I don't think my wife is going to get me a Spyderco for Father's day
frown.gif
I guess I have to buy one for myself....lol
wink.gif

Same here.. started out with Benchmades, but since I bought my Military, I ended up with Spyderco models one after the other... Even got an Endura98 just for the heck of it.
smile.gif
I believe I'm a bit late in getting one, but seeing how that Endura performs? And the Wegner too? My next target? The Starmate.
smile.gif

And, of course, what better tools to compliment our favorite knives? Spyderco Sharpeners!
smile.gif

Dan

PS. Of course, my Blue Native when it arrives.
smile.gif

I started of with Benchmades, too. Seems like it takes time to appreciate the "humped" look of most Spydies. My AFCK got me hooked on "the hole" and I saw way to many Benchmades come down the pike with lousy locks and poor overall fit-and finish (and I saw them inside-out 'cause I made spare cash fitting them with new handles) so now I am a Spydie Junkie. Finding this forum where Spyderco's own president would answer my dumb or hyper-critical questions was the last straw... now I won't even consider a knife without that lovely hole (so I make my friends buy all the neat thumb-stud knives
wink.gif
).

My collection is now limited to tip-down blades over 3.5" and is currently only seven knives but growing fast. Next up: the plain-edge Starmate. Then I hope those Shabarias and Big Natives are on the way! Although, sad to say, the AFCK is still my favorite... probably something about carrying it for four years and putting new scales on it myself.

Keep up the good work, Spyderco! My wallet's empty but I've go a big smile thanks to you folks
smile.gif

------------------

-Corduroy
(Why else would a bear want a pocket?)

I became aware of and interested in one-handed folders from seeing Spydercos in movies (didn't know the name Spyderco 'til I saw them in a catalog).
My first quality one-hander was a Kershaw liner action, my second a Delica. The Spydies just grow on you. Even with all the knives I've gotten since then (not as many as most of you have!) I find myself reaching for the Delica most often when I leave the house. Now I've got a bunch of Spydies, and it looks like the new Calypso Jr. Lightweight may have a chance of becoming my new favorite knife.
I love Spyderco knives...but what I hate is when I think I've got all the knives I'm gonna need, they come out with more!!!
smile.gif

Jim

this is a real tough one!
maybe it's the hole.
red

It's a company with a good attitude and you can see it in the knives they produce.
PS: just bought another spydie!

[This message has been edited by red mag (edited 21 June 1999).]

Am I the only one who started with Spyderco? One of the first folders I ever bought was a Spyderco, then I got interested in Benchmade, Cold Steel, and some others. Finally I ended up with Spyderco again and have basically stuck with it ever since.
Sol

Some of the hallmarks of mastery in any trade, craft, art (choose your favorite word for it) are the consistency and the attention to detail that people recognize as "Quality".

The "Q-word" gets tossed around all too much these days as part of corporate jargon. Sometimes the words we associate with a virtue become cheapened by mis-use or over-use. We can still see the real meaning of the word in the product Spyderco turns out.

I can't say that I have seen where Spyderco has ever shown any inclination to give up on its consistency of quality. No matter where I have handled or bought, I get what I have come to expect-a fine piece of work that is worth its price.

[This message has been edited by JohnCD (edited 24 June 1999).]

JohnCD - It is our preference to "under sell" and "over deliver". It seems most are accustomed to the opposite of "wild claims" and less in reality.

Thanx for the support.

sal

The Military and the Awesome customer service.....
biggrin.gif

------------------
God bless!

Romans 10:9-10

"Military" Fans Unite!!

Like many, I started with the Benchmades, then moved on the Spydercos. I actually really disliked Spydercos initially, but over the past, oh, year or so, my tastes have changed. I now actually like the blade hole "hump" that most Spydercos have.

'I love Spyderco' because they make smaller versions of their knives. Now whether they are made for those of us with little hands or just so that there are smaller knives out there, I really don't care. IMHO, little knives rule!

Most of the little Spydercos fit my hand as well as my needs.

-Sandy-

[This message has been edited by Sandra D. (edited 25 June 1999).]

I'm actually one of the few who started out with a Spyderco. One of my friends suggested it (maybe because he's a lefty). I wasn't too big on the hump on the blade at first, but it grew on me quickly. I think I may have to get myself that Calypso Jr. Lightweight when it comes out...looks great.

------------------
JP Bullivant

We're kinda partial here too...
Let me tell you why I love Spyderco. This company is completely customer oriented, and they give us wide authority to make the customer happy. And, the way they treat their employees is like no where else I've ever worked before. They never let a "good deed" go unnoticed, and think nothing of taking you aside just to let you know you are doing a great job. And they hand us our paychecks face to face, always with a "Thank You..." This company builds it's employees up at every turn.
Danelle

Back