Why is your 2nd a 2nd?

Riz!

Platinum Member
Got my 5.1 20cv fac 2nd.

The only thing I can find is a very small pit thet looked like it didnt get removed with surface grinding.

Thats all I can find.

If you can post a pic or explain why you think your second is a second.

I have something very similar on mine. I cant even get a picture of it? Going through 1000 knives I don't even know how they picked up the little pit on mine. Ill happy buy the seconds at that price. I'm going to beat the hell out of mine anyways.

Riz I'll have to look at mine again. The first few times through it I couldn't find a thing wrong with it. I'll get out the magnifying glass. :D

I have the same blemish as well as a half inch "smooth edge" along the spine. I was only able to see it at a certain angle and light. It took me ten minutes to find it!

Last edited:
Here's the best i could do. unless you're on top with a microscope you wouldnt even know its there.
IMG_20160301_085249.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's amazing if that's why it's a second (the tiny pits). I'm sure that would go out no problem most places (and understandably so)

They appear to be the same. I am planning a head to head cut test, to show the differences between 3V and 20CV. Its going to take me a few weeks though.

funny how these "seconds" are well within most company's qc standards and would have no problem charging full price for worse.

If I didn't search for it under bright lights for 10 mins I wouldn't have known it was there. If I payed full price and seen found that tiny pit, I wouldn't have cared one bit. A friend of mine bought one and we cant find a thing on it. That is some OCD quality control. I already had a 3.5 on preorder and now i'm going to preorder the 12 after fondling this 5.1. I'm hooked now. Now my wife is gonna know when a long white box comes shes getting a present too. This is gonna cost me. Thanks Survive!

They appear to be the same. I am planning a head to head cut test, to show the differences between 3V and 20CV. Its going to take me a few weeks though.

I will be looking forward to that :thumbup:

I can't find a thing wrong with my 5.1 second,Happy Happy!
A great knife at a great price...Excellent quality control Guy,Thanks!

Another friendly bump, since we should have some ugly bettys arriving home soon

Bumping this :p
Did you end up posting your results? Did i miss this?

LOL! I never did it! Ended up selling the second to get a 4.5!

LOL! I never did it! Ended up selling the second to get a 4.5!

Ahh damn, what a shame. Always wanted to see a head-to-head of 3V and 20CV
But well worth the sale if it meant a 4.5 pre-order!

Back