Why isn't there a large knife forum here?

kgriggs8

BANNED
We have a Tomahawk forum for some reason but not one for a large knives like machetes and Goloks. It would be great if there was a central place to find and share info on these large work blades. There are so many people that own and use them and so many makers making them that it seem like a no brainer.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to compare an RTAK with a 12 Ontario machete? Or a Ranger RD-9 with a Busse Battle Mistress? How about a Golok with a Panga?

While I agree I have never owned a fixed blade, let alone a large knife. I just don't see it as being a regularly visited forum. Not raining on your parade just giving my opinion. :)

There are a bunch of people talking about big knives over on the Himalayan Imports fora. I know it's not exactly what you had in mind, but it's better than nothing...

Hmm ... well, for one thing ... it's easy to figure out if your post is about a tomahawk or not and post it in the right forum. I can just imagine people trying to figure out if a post should go in the Large Knife Forum or the Small Knife Forum. :confused:

Besides, where would it stop? Would we end up with separate forums for Small, Medium, Large, Grande, Humungous ... um ... what comes after Humungous? :confused:

I don't know. I can see a pretty clear distinction between large chopping knives and small cutting knives, but then there are the knives around 7" long that are intended to be bad at everything^H^H^H^H^H^H good at everything....

We do have a Sword Forum, and there doesn't seem to be much difficulty distinguishing swords from knives. I think we can all distinguish machetes from folders, too ... but what about the 7" USMC combat knife? Then what about the similar but 5" Pilot Survival Knife?

ThreadMoving.jpg

Back