Why would you buy anything BUT a Strider Knife?

O.k., I'll bite. And this is no "Flame" or whatever reference you are talking about. I am responding to this because it seems to me that I'm the biggest target of your criticism. If not, take it as you will.

First off,
I've owned two Busse knives and used them extensively. That gives me right to speak on their good and bad points. I also never said that a Busse was in any way a substandard or bad knife, merely that for my purposes, I think that it isn't what I need. I have plenty other knives that I use and no longer use as well. I would think that would give me the right to critique what I've seen with my own eyes. So, before you critique my comments, please fully read every statement I've made and then sound off.

Secondly,
Based on the schooling I've had, it seems to me that the critic in question uses less than scientific methods to come to his conclusions. When you disregard any proven, scientific method in testing your hypothesis, you move away from the area of credibility. Use the ASTM, American Society of Metalurgy, or American Society of Non Destructive Testing standards, and I will happily aclaim your results. I also questioned his impartiality when it came to which brands he prefers. In this case, it is the perception that matters. Cliff might be straight as an arrow, but the perception of bias makes all his work invalid.

And now my favorite part, the secret agent crack. I have never hidden what my job is...period. Read my signature line. I am an Air Force Aerial Gunner on HH-60G Pave Hawk Combat Search and Rescue helicopters. The simple fact was, when questioned by someone that had already expressed facts about helo's that was completely off the mark, I decided not to comment. That is because he has not seen what I do nor had any idea of what I might or might not do. So, I thought it would be futile and arrogant to tell him how wrong he was. Do you know what it takes to repair a GAU-2 minigun? Probably not. So, would it be helpfull to talk about the dwell sector or the feeder/delinker? How about Fastropes, rope ladders, and rappels? It sounds like techno-babble if you aren't familiar with that line of work, and seemed to me to be a bit pretentions to rant about something that no other member of this forum would understand. Understand? There was no "Secret Squirrel" **** involved. So, let's not get pissy and make snide comments, OK?

As to whether or not I was being childish, I think not. I feel that what comments I made were well thought out and put together on paper (per say) quite intelligently. As was this response. I have resisted the urge to spout off too much at you. So, if you felt it fair to critique my comments, I feel fair to return the favor. Quid pro quo. So, please don't hide in the shadows! Put together a well thought out response and see where it takes us.

Originally posted by KnifeBomber
I'm the biggest target of your criticism.
Not you personally, but the statement you've made apparently.

So, before you critique my comments, please fully read every statement I've made and then sound off.
The comment that I've made was regarding your comment about Cliff and Busse relationship. Which has nothing to do with your or my Busse knives.
If you do not like Busse knives fine, no one insists, if you do not liek Cliff's reviews, that's also fine, as everyone has an opinion, but to accuse a person of lies and dishonesty because you dislike the review or the opinion is not the right thing to do, IMHO.

...and I have experience with Fast Ropes, Rope Ladders and Rappels...

I dunno. It seems really crappy to be arguing this way this week about something that's ultimately so petty, but that's just my opinion. I'd rather turn the anger toward those more deserving.

I don't own any Striders but have always liked the designs I've seen.

I own one Busse (#7) and it's a fine knife. More to follow.

I don't know Cliff (except from here and via email) and I think he is honest and truly does his best to share his information, even if I don't always agree with his methodology.

How 'bout we all agree that Strider's and Busse's are some kickass knives, let Cliff dust off his pants and turn our invective to those who really mean us some harm?

Holy Sht!

You guys are a little worked up.
Cliff is harmless.
He starts slow and tests to failure. Sure he goes too far. That's nothing more than an endorsement to the strength of the product being tested.
Cliff as far as I know endorses both Strider and Busse products.

I don't know what Cliff looks like.
But I know Jerry Busse.
I sure don't like the thought of them in bed together.
No offence Jerry. But you're a big guy. And more than likely VERY hairy. And who knows what Cliff looks like.

The discussion has turned a bit emotional. Remember that this is all fun.

I'm not saying stop, just take a breath.

Please stay very sharp

Mick

Back