Why YOU need a BF Native

Now that I have bought all the BF.Com Natives I wanted (six-3 plain, 3 serr), y'all need to snap up the rest.

Here's why:
1. Quality Design - Some may find fault with the blade length/handle ratio and the fact that a very small portion of the opener hole is obscured by the handle. I see those as criticisms in the abstract because (at least for me) the knife works so well in hand. In my book it's one of Spyderco's best designs. Ambidextrous to boot.
2. Quality Materials - Spyderco has shown the way with CPM 440V. Edge retention in my low stress uses so far has been better than expected and far superior to what I have experienced with my BMs in ATS-34. Based on these knives and my Military, this steel is now at the top of my list. The G-10 handle makes the knife feel more substantial in hand compared to the standard Native with an acceptable increase in weight.
3. Quality Construction - No rivets on this puppy. Screwed together like a folder should be. Although some have complained of inadequate lockup, none of mine show it and I'm sure Spyderco will take care of any problems.
4. Unique Combination of Materials - This is a rare opportunity to get your hands on something uncommon at reasonable price. Unlike a white Toyota Camry, you're just not going to see one of these everyday (and neither will your friends).
5. Value for the $$ - I thought long and hard about stocking up the way I did. Although there are many other knives one could buy at this price, try finding one with steel of this quality, built this well for $100.
6 Availability of Concealex neck sheath - Carbon Fiber pattern, custom made for the knife. Don't know how much I'll use it, but it's cool nonetheless.

Lastly, you have to consider the $$ support this provides for the Forum. I'm a heavy user, but a lightweight contributor. This wasn't a major factor for me, but at least whatever small margin there is helps pay for the bits and bytes we all find useful.

Get'm while you can-this is a super piece at an excellent price!

Doug Gray

I'm with Doug. The BF Native is an outstanding knife and value to boot. I've now had mine a bit over 24 hours and with Spark confirming availability of both plain and serrated, I'm seriously thinking of augmenting the plain in my hands now.

-=[Bob]=-

Back