Wiggle wobble on my SOG Twitch II

silenthunterstudios

Slipjoint Addict
Platinum Member
Well, I dropped my new favorite knife, my SOG Twitch II, which had a good solid kick to it, no wiggle, a great knife. I dropped it on hard concrete, and now the blade wiggles like a drunk milf at happy hour. I had a slight wiggle that bothered me (you can imagine how this one has been eating away at me :mad: ) on another SOG, and someone said to just tighten up the knife. How do you tighten the action on this Twitch II?

Should I just go and buy a replacement? I really like this knife!

:( :confused:

Coug, should this be moved to the SOG forum?

If you tighten it too much it will no longer open under the spring power as there will be too much friction. You might want to try taking it apart though, I guess it is possible that the drop foulded something up inside.

I got some blade movement on my SOG Twitch I and was wondering how you could tighten the knife up too.

I'll move this to the SOG forum for you. If it can't be adjusted out I'm sure SOG can fix it for you, but see if you can adjust it before you go to the trouble of sending it back. It's likely all you need is a bit of advice from the experts. :cool:

Hmmmm. That sounds a little weird. You could try tightening it and see if that works. If I remember correctly a 5/64 Allen is needed to tighten the main pivot. The guys in the back are gone for the weekend so I can not confirm right now. When tightening it try in very small increments, like Erik stated tightening it too much will cause too much friction and the blade will not open under spring power. If you try tightening it and that still does not work call the warranty department and send it in to be looked at.

Good Luck
Chris

If you need anything else feel free to email me (marketing@sogknives.com)

The only spot I found was in the middle of the handle, I tightened that up several revolutions, and the wiggle isn't as bad, but it still is enough to leave the knife on my bureau. I'll try again tonight, about 5 more turns. Please check with the repair guys, thanks.

Silenthunterstudios, not sure about the location you tightened, but the pivot/allen is located on the right side of blade pivot. If you turned it 5 complete turns, this is way too much. It should not turn more than about a full turn if it were very loose. It sounds like the pivot on the opposite side is also turning, (preventing it from tightening) to prevent this and hopefully make it tight, place left thumb on left side of pivot with "blade closed", then turn right allen while keeping very firm pressure on left side.

This should tighten, if not, you need to send it in to SOG to adjust for you. My understanding is SOG uses loctite on pivots, thus preventing the pivot from loosening. But almost all assisted openers I have examined have been adjusted from the factory to be loose enough to open freely without any resistance. This is really a simple fix, but sometimes the left side pivot will turn and not allow the pivot to be tightened.

Robbie Roberson ;)

Sent out my Twitch II for warranty service, emails so far have been very quick and very informative. Great service so far!

Got it back in the mail yesterday! Tightened with a new pivot screw, sharpened and cleaned up, oiled. Great service, thanks a lot, will post in the general forums!

Back