Wild mushrooms

Wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like the place;

Here on my property in NH I have a few patches of wild Black Trumpet mushrooms that appear the first week of July. Like clockwork. This year; bupkiss. But lo and behold, I discovered a small patch of King Bolete mushrooms at the edge of my woods and decided to risk cutting, cooking and eating one tonight.
Damn if it wasn't delicious!

If ya don't hear from me in 10 days or so, avoid! Avoid!

Cheers!

This requires GPS coordinates!!!..... in the event of your demise. :D

I eat sseveral types of wild mushrooms and right now is prime time to find some .

found a huge cluster of honey mushrooms here in MA the other day. sadly they were too old to harvest. I left them for the furry critters. It's been a terrible year for mushrooms. I have barely found anything

Pines, Shaggy Manes, and Honeys are all around me this time of the year.
First time making some Cream of Shaggy Mane soup that was delicious. Wife approved :thumbup:

I found some clusters in my back yard the last couple of weeks,(manitoba) typical white looking mushrooms. As I was chucking them out in was wondering if they were edible. I will have to look into it, I'm guessing they aren't. Also that's my dogs bathroom. Haha

Looks like mushrooms are done for the year up here.
I did find some small boletes that I'd missed two days ago but they're already too far gone.

There's a dead oak near here that had a big flush of oyster mushrooms last fall and I've been keeping my eye on it. All is not lost (yet.)
Cheers!

Here are two from about a dozen I found a couple weeks back.

Young version which someone else grabbed between when I first found it and when I went back to harvest it.

Different one ready to go.

Found about 15 dog stinkhorns a few weeks back as well though I can't locate the pic at the moment. Most I'd ever seen at once.

Even a fly on the leftmost one doing its thing.

Last edited:
Well, I'll be damned if I didn't find a small, hand-sized flush of oysters on the aforementioned tree this afternoon.
They were ripe, clean, fragrant, perfect.

I cooked em up and they were fantastic.

I left a small flush of shirt button sized oysters on the tree. Hope they'll get big enough to harvest in a few days. More killing frost tonight and tomorrow.

Cheers!

Back