Will & Finck Bowie Knife,San Francisco Style Bowie Knife

I won't be bidding tonight!

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"

For that kind of money they should have bigger more detailed pictures. There are plenty of counterfeit knives out there and for over a 3 grand bid I would expect more detailed information.
Bob

Yes you would think they would have larger photos. Old Bowies can bring big bucks at auction. At Butterfields about 2 or 3 years back a rear Bowie went for $183,000. That is the record for a knife of any kind at auction.

All the best,

------------------
GARY LEVINE FINE KNIVES
www.LevineKnives.com

Gary L. what in your expert opinion would you say those knives mentioned above are worth?
Just curious, because I know that will never be my in my price range, even if I won the Lottery.
By the way I love to go to your site just to torture myself
wink.gif

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"

Phil,

Old Bowies aren't my speicilty, I know enough that if I saw one in a flea market I would take a change for a few hundred dollars. I try to keep to the modern custom knives. There aren't to many fake Ron Lake's around (yet).
I am glad you enjoy my site.

Gary

------------------
GARY LEVINE FINE KNIVES
www.LevineKnives.com

If you haven't had the experience of going to one of the serious knife auctions you should take the opportunity to do so. Bruce Voyles held one last year the night before the Blade Show. Don't know if he is going to this year or not. But anyway go to one if you can and you will certainly discover that not only rare old bowies will command those kind of prices. There are Rare old pocket knives that will sell for even higher.
Rs
Don

I spoke to a Antique Bowie knife collectors member. He said the handle on the W&F has been replaced so the value is set too high.
jf

Back