Will you help me find info. on this knife!?!

This is my first question posted on bladeforums so I hope I am doing it correctly. A few years back (at least 4) I received this knife as a gift and I know very little about it. I was wondering if you guys could help me out? It has an open blade about 5 1/2" and about 4 1/2" handle. It reads J. Jacobs Custom and has a bone handle. At a local knife store they said it was some type of African Antelope (I don't remember exactly), and they also said it was worth about $250, but they knew little more about it. I am wondering if I could find out anything on this knife like- history, steel and price + any thing else.

Thanks
mmtmatrix

You might want to ask this same question on the "The Bernard Levine Knife Collecting and Identification Forum". Mr. Levine is very helpful and knows an amazing amount about what knives were made when and where.

Went through every book I have last night and could not find anything on the maker.

------------------
" I am continually reminded of the rewards of dealing with custom knife makers and the custom knife community." Jeff J.

OK, I will put it on that forum. Thanks for the great ideas. Check there if you know any new info. Thanks again!

Back