Wilson ELC Elite, Starburst Pattern, Titanium Framelock

RamZar

Gold Member
Had not visited the Wilson folders section in a while and after receiving the email on the sale I looked around and found a new ELC model. I already have two of this nice EDC model in the original Elmax (it was changed to N690 later) with liner lock and either wood or G-10 handle.

The new Wilson ELC Elite is a titanium frame lock with 3D contoured Titanium in the Wilson StarBurst pattern and a stonewashed blade finish. There's also a “Wilson Blue” lightweight aluminum back spacer.

Ordered one this morning.

WTK-ELC-T-002.jpg

WTK-ELC-T-001.jpg

WTK-ELC-T-003.jpg

A little late, I know. But yes, was looking at these just today. Very tempting.

How do you like yours (assuming you've had it for a bit now)? Not that I'm a manic blade flicker, but how do you find the opening and closing action and the integral lock function as well as the overall fit and finish? Thanks. Mike

Last edited:
A little late, I know. But yes, was looking at these just today. Very tempting.

How do you like yours (assuming you've had it for a bit now)? Not that I'm a manic blade flicker, but how do you find the opening and closing action and the integral lock function as well as the overall fit and finish? Thanks. Mike

The folder looks great with the Wilson StarBurst pattern and blue aluminum backspacer!

It's pretty smooth and good lockup without stickiness. Blade was off center so I adjusted as best as I could. I would ask them to give you a well-centered blade. I think they're still on sale for Father's Day.

The folder looks great with the Wilson StarBurst pattern and blue aluminum backspacer!

It's pretty smooth and good lockup without stickiness. Blade was off center so I adjusted as best as I could. I would ask them to give you a well-centered blade. I think they're still on sale for Father's Day.

Thank you RamZar. I will give it a close look. Mike

I'm eye balling the knife, but as a left-hander I have two questions that I can't tell from the pictures; is the cut-out for the thumb stud on the lockbar side the same as the front side? Sometimes the thumb access is scaled down for a lefty not allowing good purchase on the stud. Also, the contoured handle on the front side where the pocket clip would go for lefties seems like it would interfere with proper pocket placement. In other words, the 3D scale looks like it places the clip on an angle and the texture would be too rough on the pocket.
Would a lefty chime in please, or a righty seeing it as I would?

Back