Wilson- K2 Custom Chef and Utility

Sam Wilson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Wanted to post some pics of a chef/utility set I recently finished. I have finished out most of the 440C I have, and will be using 154CM as my standard steel in the future, with S35VN being optional. The chef has a 9" blade, with distal taper and radiused spine, and the utility has a 4 1/2" blade, tapered and radiused as well. The handles are matching elder burl, and buffed to a satin shine. The piggyback sheath was optional.

Blade: Chef 9", Utility 4 1/2"
Steel: 440C hardened @ 60
Thickness: .108" at spine, .010" @ edge before sharpening
Width: 2" at widest

IMG_20140324_003756-1_zps72f24a96.jpg

IMG_20140324_003213-1_zpse634bf54.jpg

IMG_20140324_004024-1_zps94b55d2b.jpg

IMG_20140324_004509_zps87f64018.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Sam :thumbup:

Very nice lines. Looks very comfortable for the all day use guys like me. Your choice of burl really makes your knife stand out!

I agree with these knives. The edge looks generally smooth. I guess, these collections possess a high quality one as for a chef's knife. Those generally feature a curve near the tip. Thanks for sharing this set of Kitchen Cutlery and tools.

Very nice lines. Looks very comfortable for the all day use guys like me. Your choice of burl really makes your knife stand out!

Thank you PoolQs. I tried to make them feel good in the hand, and that has been the #1 thing I've heard back from customers, is that they're comfortable to use. And I think you're right, the wood does more than I do to make these knives look good. I need to improve my photography skills, because these pics just don't do that wood justice.

I agree with these knives. The edge looks generally smooth. I guess, these collections possess a high quality one as for a chef's knife. Those generally feature a curve near the tip. Thanks for sharing this set of Kitchen Cutlery and tools.

Thank you, I try my best.

Sam :thumbup:

Looks very comfortable, very nice sam, I want to tray make it, there are someone to give my recommendation to buy ? thanks before
buy.gif

Looks very comfortable, very nice sam, I want to tray make it, there are someone to give my recommendation to buy ? thanks before
buy.gif

Thank you for the compliment. I'm not sure I understand your question, though. Do you want to find raw materials to make a knife?

Back