Win a Used Vic Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAB

Can’t ReMember
Platinum Member
Okay here goes. As I mentioned in the other thread, I came across this lightly used SAK and figured I'd ship it off to a good new home.

RULES: First U.S. resident (no offense to my international brothers and sisters - I just don't want to mess with intl shipping/red tape:eek:) who correctly identifies the knife being given away (pictured below) and correctly guesses which recent acquisition* is currently clipped in my right front pocket and posts the answers wins the prize. Let the games begin...:D

IMG_1508.jpg

*Hint

Ramber .......... and a Spyderco Delica

BTW: I live in Europe, but have a mailing address in Florida. :)

I'm also going to have to say a Rambler... And take a wide stab at your new carry, BM Mini Rukus?

On another note - don't Vic's have the shield on the same scale as the tweezers, not the pick? (I only have newer models, and they are all like that o_O). And Kudos to you JAB for the contest :)

Negative to both of y'alls guesses - keep trying ;)

Something I didn't think about when I dropped my hint - here's another to make it fair for those who don't have search capability: I made a post on Sat. (the 28th) in one of the manufactures' forums about the recently acquired knife.

Last edited:
Your new knife is a Large Sebenza 21. I hope that's right, lol I've been digging in the manufacturer forums for like 20 minutes.

The SAK is a Victorinox Vagabond. It can't be a Rambler because the scissors and screwdriver are on the same side (top in the picture), while on a Rambler they're on opposite sides. The only other SAK with a philips and scissors on the same side is the Minichamp II, but that has a pen instead of a toothpick (hopefully you're not a tricky bastard and switched out the tweezers for a toothpick!).

*crosses fingers*

Your new knife is a Large Sebenza 21. I hope that's right, lol I've been digging in the manufacturer forums for like 20 minutes.

The SAK is a Victorinox Vagabond. It can't be a Rambler because the scissors and screwdriver are on the same side (top in the picture), while on a Rambler they're on opposite sides. The only other SAK with a philips and scissors on the same side is the Minichamp II, but that has a pen instead of a toothpick (hopefully you're not a tricky bastard and switched out the tweezers for a toothpick!).

*crosses fingers*

Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner! It is indeed an older style Vagabond (with the flathead screwdriver on the bottle opener) and the Seb. has been in my pocket since I picked it up on Sat. Good detective work! :thumbup:

Go ahead and e-mail me (jabsa@sbcglobal.net) your info and I'll get it in the mail. Oh, and welcome to BF!

Edited to add pic:

IMG_1515.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on the win. The voyager and the voyager+philips are great knives; the most compact SAK I know of with cap opener, scissors and two blades. The philips variation is known as the "voyager" but I'm pretty sure that I bought one as a "Manager" and the current 4 blade Manager model is more correctly the Manager II. I've EDC'ed the philips version for a close to a decade now. I have a "few" ("several"? "many" :D) of each variation (as backups).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back