Winner picked! 5 years.

mykel m

Gold Member
Congrats to Ferahgo!!

Yup, I've been here on BF for 5 years now and hanging around here on John's forum for better than 3 of those years.:thumbup:

I was going to have a 6K GAW but I didn't want to interfere with the give-a-way John had going at the time so I decided to do it at the 6.5K mark, but dangit, being the slacker I am I let that mark get away from me also. :rolleyes:
Soooo... what the heck, I'll do a 5 YA GAW since my 5th anniversary here on BF is this month:thumbup:

And the knife for gawing(?):p is the one and only(as far as I know) JK Titanium handled Friction Folder with Blade Locking Pin.:eek:

DSCN1434.jpg

I've had to sell most of my nice knives since being laid off & really only have a few left that I consider nice enough to give away.
This one is especially nice to me since it was given to me by 1066vik :thumbup:
Now he told me I could sell it if I needed to, but you & I know that wouldn't be right.
But it is one of the nicest knives remaining in my depleted collection and I wanted to give something worthy of giving so I hope you don't mind me giving this one away Vik.
77.gif

The blade is 5/32" thick O1 with heat finish on the flats, blueing on the bevel to match and measures 3 3/4" from tip to handle.
The handle is 5 1/8" long.
The open OAL is exactly 8 7/8", give or take a half inch either way.;)
The blade can be locked in the open position by removing the pin/screw in the butt of the handle & screwing it into the hole in the handle (right behind the stop pin) and through the tang, making it essentially a fixed blade.

This thing is a beast of a folder!
DSCN1381.jpg

And it also comes with a nice pouch sheath made by Vik.

DSCN1429.jpg

To enter you need to be over 18 years old, not be a greedy forum giveaway mooch who's majority of posts are to enter giveaways, have more than 57 posts on BF, and say "I'm in".

Like my last GAW, as long as it is G rated and you don't flood this thread with multiple pics of one manufactures knives like the one guy did,:rolleyes: anything goes.....so pics, vids, jokes, quotes, stories or whatever will be welcomed.

Post as much as you want.I'm too lazy (slacker :p) to count the posts by each individual so if you only post once you only have yourself to blame if you aren't picked, though one of the winners of my last gaw did have only one in 40 pages of posts.(the lucky Rat)

Andd as a bonus...if you can tell me who James Dale is, (the one I'm thinking of, not the guy that sued the BSA.) I'll throw in an extra goodie with the JKTiFFwBLP if you're number is picked.:)
If the winner of this gaw doesn't guess it, then I'll send the mystery prize to the first person that does.

This ends on Monday, September 22nd sometime between 12:00AM & 11:59PM Pacific Standard Time.;)
The winner will be selected by an RNG.

Good luck & have fun Peps.

Edit to add:I'm sorry but I can only ship in the US & it'll be going by snail mail.:eek:

Last edited:
Congrats on five years. Heck of a milestone and I must say that you've added a lot to this place in those five years.

Congrats on the five years on Bladeforums. There are so many wonderful, kind, intellectual, wise, and generous people here on this forum . The wealth of information and kindness is what really makes this forum so wonderful. There is so much that can be tought and learned. I will post a more interesting message later on with pics. Please include me into your GAW. I could use a new EDC,I am currently carrying my leatherman wave and want something "Beefier". Beautiful knife you've got there. :cool: :thumbup:

I'm in!

Although I wish you weren't putting up your folder. I understand, but still...

Mate this isn't an entry, I just wanted to say congrats on the 5 years and six thousand six hundred and one posts ;) This is a seriously thoughtful giveaway. I hope the knife finds a good home.

Mate this isn't an entry, I just wanted to say congrats on the 5 years and six thousand six hundred and one posts ;) This is a seriously thoughtful giveaway. I hope the knife finds a good home.
Thanks Chris & thanks for inadvertently reminding me I can only ship in the US unfortunately.

Last edited:
Congrates on five years, boy the time sure flies, I'm in for sure! Thanks

Yikes what a beauty - an exceptional GAW. Thanks for the opportunity Myke - I'm in!

As for 5 years and over 6,000 posts - Holy Smokes :eek:. That IS a milestone - more than a nautical mile of post feet. I seriously doubt I will ever come close, still I'm glad to have joined you in this good company.

Congratulations Mykel!

I could not imagine the place without you -

If I win please choose another lucky winner, as I already have been the grateful winner of your Bushcrafter with the brass liners (yea, auction but I was still the winner! )

Thanks for being here with us, sir!

best

mqqn

I'm in! Thanks for the chance. I've been wanting to check out JKs work for a while now but just haven't pulled the trigger.

Back