WIP Pics

KFU

Part Time Knifemaker, Moderator
Here is what I am working on this week. We have a batch of wide bladed EDC, small Bushcrafter, A large Bushcrafter with 5/32 steel and clip point/spear point blade, a Skinner, a sheepsfoot, and a new wharnie. I don't have any small spindle sander sleeves until tomorrow so the front choils haven't been rounded out yet. All are orders except for the new little wharnie. Busy week for me!
P1011808.jpg

You definitely have your work cut out for you. Looking good brother. I should make my own knife, Have always wanted to. I know I could....

You definitely have your work cut out for you. Looking good brother. I should make my own knife, Have always wanted to. I know I could....

Do it. You won't regret it.
My first knife is still at HT, but I am already planning my next knives.

Yeah Jim, you need to do it. I have wanted to make knives forever. I actually built a 2x72 grinder with plans from the 50.00 knife shop about 8 years ago. Started on my first one and got divorced! Had a few years away from knives and than bought some knives from Bill...all downhill from there. It really gives you a sense of accomplishment. It will probably look akward and the grinds will probably be jacked up but it will be the best knife you have ever used! You learn quickly and grow with every knife. JUST DO IT!

Divorce can really change a man's plans. Been there, done that. Lots better now.

I hear ya! Bitch to Angel as I like to say. Everyone needs to get divorced once in their lives to really find happiness... unless you are a lucky SOB!

Yeah, I really should do it. I've been through a divorce myself. I should have known it wasn't gonna work. After all, I'm a Sagittarius, and she's a bitch, LOL! I have a great wife now, best on the planet.

Thanks bro,I like it too! I had a piece of steel already cut and wanted to try something new. Kinda different for me but I think it will turn out nice. Another grab some steel and grind knife! I might curve the tip a little bit so it wont be so thin when sharpened but we will see. I have a scandi jig in the works too so if I get it before this one is ready to grind I might give it a go. Im not huge into Scandis but I bet a wharnie scandi would make a wicked slicer.

Maybe it's the lack of sleep or I'm not reading well, but is the knife at the bottom of the picture spoken for?

No sir, its the only one that will be available. You want it? If your interested Ill shoot you some pics after its ground out and ready for handles. That will give you a better idea of what it will look like finished.

yes interested, really interested. Absolutely send pics. Being a big dumb Swede, I am into Scandi grinds so if you go that route, thats cool. Is it going to get the full "antiqued" treatment?

I can do whatever man. I recently did one with the antique on the blade but the spine and tang were left satin finished. I really liked it. I dont do mirror polish but satin blades are no biggie. Ill let you know if I get the scandi jig in time.

Just full antique it, after that do whatever ideas you have in mind and I'll take it. I love the way the full "antiqued" finish looks on my EDC.

Hah, what recession ??? Damn Chris, sounds like you had better be checking into insurance plans for self-employeed individual business owners, this doesn't sound like it is going to be a "part time / hobby" venture too much longer . . . . ;)
Man, all those designs look very interesting. Can not wait to see how they all turn out.
On a side note, Warrior my buddy, grab that steel and grinder and get that damn knife done . . . don't wake up a whole bunch of years from now & mutter those two words every man has said before . . . . " What If " . . . . :) :)
Be safe.

Added five more tonight! I noticed that those wide bladed EDC knives where not wide enough! I profiled out five more to spec so I will turn the ones above into normal EDCs. I am going to have a really busy week.

I should have known it wasn't gonna work. After all, I'm a Sagittarius, and she's a bitch

LOL I almost dropped my lunch on the keyboard there, Warrior :)

Those are looking really good, Chris, glad to see business is spiralling upward! You deserve it, you earned it, my friend!

Back