wish list?

fishface5

Gold Member
I know that some people on the forums are lucky enough to be able to afford whatever knife catches their fancy, but others aren't. The worst situation, however, is when the maker has stopped taking orders, so you couldn't get what you wanted even if you had the money!! I'm feeling sorrowful because I just met the love of my life, on PhilL's Kit carson movie - a small damascus-blade model 4 with MOP handles!! And even if I sell off all my knives, my clothes, and maybe my car, he ain't making no more. Sob!

So anyway I just had to get that off my chest - anyone else pining for "the one that got away"?

------------------
[previously incarnated as fishface, since 10/98]

the beatings will continue until morale improves

Yup, I know that feeling. I saw a Carson Model 4 in 440V and CF at bladeart some months ago but some lucky guy beat me to it. The problem with great knifemakers is that a lot of people like their stuff
wink.gif

Kit Carson makes some real nifty knives, no doubt about it. They do come up now and then on the For Sale section and at the dealers like KnifeArt, BladeArt, Arizona Custom Knives, and Robertsons. By the way, there are several Carson M4s for sale at AZCK and one at KnifeArt. None in damascus though.

The other way is to buy from Carson direct at one of the shows he attends. He may just have your dream knife among the ones available.

Just some thoughts
Red

------------------
"Praise not the day until evening has come;a sword until it is tried; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk" - Viking proverb

"The one that got away"??

How about "the one that is so big you can't reasonably expect to catch it in your lifetime"?

I think a small dress folder by Shane Taylor qualifies for my dream list!

fishface, I'm sorry my little movie is making you lust for a knife that is out of your reach. That movie and the others were all from the desire for knives I know I can't afford. I came to the realization early I could never buy all the knives I want so I started collecting pictures of them. That has just evolved into taking those pictures and putting them into PhotoPoint Movies, which I do for my own enjoyment. I was hoping others would enjoy them also.

I hope you'll go back to My Movie list and take a look at "My Dream Collection" there's a reason I picked the sound track I did for that movie. I don't think getting evrything you want is possible or even a good thing, but I think there are ways of getting things we want if we really want them.
wink.gif

------------------
"Will work 4 Knives!"
My PhotoPoint Site

Back