Wishing the best for Survive

We have incessantly complained about Survive’s business model and their inability to meet specified time frames relative to production and shipping. It has been a problem for me as well. I have asked for and received a refund for all my pre-orders of Survive knives. It’s just not feasible for me to tie up that much money for that long in advance. I do believe Guy and Ellie are making every effort to rectify the problem but there is no instant fix given the supply and demand for their product. I am sure they will continue to make progress and possibly down the road get a complete handle on it but that is not right around the corner. It will take some time to correct. For those such as me who cannot or will not wait these extended times for a blade, a refund request is appropriate and as in my case I believe they are being issued in a timely manner.

Would I continue to purchase and patronize the company…you bet! I may never prepay in advance for a blade that continues to take that long to reach market but I would if the time frame was significantly shortened in the future. I will also continue to search the exchange for Survive knives to purchase. Why, because they are IMO, some of the finest knives made and if you look at value of price paid to product quality, they are virtually unmatched. Simply put, they make fantastic knives!

I just want to encourage Guy and Ellie to push forward despite some of the rumbling on this board and please leave someone’s past right there in the past. Please continue to produce for the knife community the wonderful quality products we have come to expect from Survive. I am sure this has been a painful lesson for Survive and some of their customers but it something that can and will be corrected down the road to the benefit of all of us. I for one am looking forward to a bright future for Survive and to personally own and use a number of their quality blades for some time to come. I am still a huge fan!

Best wishes Guy and Ellie….hang in there.

Last edited:
I read a lot about Survive before putting in my presale order for the GSO 7/7 and I have confidence they will deliver eventually. I work in an industry where schedule slippage is frequent and I'm sure it's tough on Guy and Ellie to tell us that it will take longer than expected to send out our knives. I'm glad they are taking their time to do it right though rather than rush out the product to meet orders. I'm fortunate enough to be able to float the money until the knife is ready and I made the purchase with that mentality. I think their time frames will shorten once they get caught up but they are releasing a bunch of models that require thorough design and testing. I'll do my part to help keep them a float until they get caught up by ordering their presales :)

Even though I currently have very little skin in this game (just a couple of lil used ones barely qualify me, but I do have a big mouth if that counts for anything!) I have come to luv some of the knucklehead dwellers on this subforum and I would also like to advocate much better success stories for Survive! Get it together guys (Guy) and dolls for the big O'17 ;)

Thanks Team! We are always looking out for ways to be better and it is nice to know so many are rooting for us. In addition to this thread, there have been a number of encouraging emails and calls. We are definitely in this for the long haul and have some exciting plans for the future. Our focus right now is fulfilling past promises but we are looking forward to the next chapter.

Thanks Team! We are always looking out for ways to be better and it is nice to know so many are rooting for us. In addition to this thread, there have been a number of encouraging emails and calls. We are definitely in this for the long haul and have some exciting plans for the future. Our focus right now is fulfilling past promises but we are looking forward to the next chapter.

Thanks Ellie, I know I'm looking forward to what's in store also!

I want nothing but the best for S!K. This group, and the Survive! lineup are what really got me into knives. I was fiddling around making a few pistol and knife handles and realized I wanted to make knife handles more than pistol grips. I was keeping my eye out for a particular knife style, design, quality, price and reputation that would lend itself to customization when I came across Survive!. I don't feel like I have ever capitalized on their name, but these knives are what really established my hobby/part-time business. I owe them a debt of gratitude, so heck ya I want them to succeed! Every time I pick up a S!K knife, I just smile.

Picking up a S!K 5.1 or 4.7 is like shaking hands with John Wayne. There is real substance there!

I agree with the OP. I hope 2017 is a big year for S!K. Hopefully, after all of the smoke clears from these preorders, things even out.

Times are tough and the secret service account is tight. When I ordered my first Survive! knife I was a bit nervous knowing it would take a long time to receive my GSO 5.0. Finally, after waiting for what seemed to be eternity, it arrived at my door. Needless to say I was thrilled - the long wait was worth it. I finally own a Survive! knife along with Carothers Performance Knife. I've since ordered a GSO 4.1 and GSO 5.1. I did so knowing the wait would be long - I have no regrets. The 4.1 should be in the mail any day. The 5.1, well that's a long way off.

Back