• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

(Withdrawn for Expo G&K show) Groovy ironwood and blackwood & brass pin file work.

Hello Guy's and Gal's,

Here I have a cool little groovy boot knife that I hope you will find as cool as I do. The groove thing is something I have been doing on some of my knives for about eight years or so and adds a lot of feel and grip to a polished knife. This knife has such a super feel to it and is another of those knives that is hard to put down. Hope you like it.

Blade is CPM 154 CM .187 thick, 4.25 in. from tip to guard and .935 wide. It has been heat treated to 60-61 RC with a cryo quench and a double two hr temper. I have polished the blade and then brush finished with 1200 grit. O/A is 8.75 in. One more thing is that the weird spots that you see on the flats of pic 4 are not really there.

Handle is of Highest grade ironwood burl, thin red vulcanized fiber spacers and evenly carved blackwood spacers for feel and added grip for a polished knife. It feels very awsome and secure in the hand. This is a super knife. I have tried to stop at good enough, but cannot. They are man jewelry for the hip.

Guard is 416 stainless pinned and soldered with no chance of pin holes.

I will build sheath left or right and still ship knife within two days of purchace.

Asking $425.00 plus $15.00 shipping conus. I accept paypal. Thank you. Alan

Last edited:
well Alan , I do not know about groovy , that is a little drugey 60's for me but it sure is cool looking . I really like how you did that handle . Very nice

Terrific design and a beautiful knife! The red and blackwood spacers on that fab ironwood really set this one off!!

Very nice design! Goes nice with the S&W

Alan: I'm a lot more contemporary than you and Jack O'Neill - cool and groovy is out dated - that knife is the bomb. Well done my friend.

Thanks Guys. Well the hippy movement was a bit before my time, but I know a lot of cool people from that time. I just couldn't resist the groovy thing. Hey its all cool and groovy baby. There will be another groovy knife sometime in the future.

Excellent grinds. I don't think I have ever seen a clip ground like that before. It has a good flow to it.

Nice knife Alan it would look better next to a Glock.

Gary Paugh, Where have I heard that name before...mmmmmmm. Hey Gary, Thanks Man. Your right it would if I had one. This knife is way better than the pics show. It took me a rediculous amount of time to make this knife. I have hrs just in hand carving the grooves. I will be at the Expo on Sat. Talk to you later.

Man I like that, well done. And it looks just fine sitting next to that lil revolver. Wood and steel is where it's at.

Alan: I'm a lot more contemporary than you and Jack O'Neill - cool and groovy is out dated - that knife is the bomb. Well done my friend.

You missed it T.K., now it's got swag...

Great looking knife by the way Alan, one of the best I have seen.

Back