Within the rules ?

riata

BANNED
Is it against the rules on this site to ask about a Randall currently listed on ebay?
Riata

We can discuss knives that happen to be for sale, on ebay or elsewhere; we can post links if necessary so people can see what we're talking about -- as long as it's for discussion purposes that's fine. The only thing that isn't allowed is deal spotting -- you can't post "Here's a great deal, buy it at www.spam.com!!!!" Even if it isn't your knife for sale shilling a knife for sale is still spam.

There's a link to the FAQ near the top of every page, or you can follow this link directly to it: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/f...sts#faq_faq_infractions_auction_deal_spotting

Thank you! I better not wait too long to order a new one, with the waiting list and all. But I like that one.
riata

Hey, I gotta believe you guys know about any randall on ebay. Learned what I wanted to anyway, and I had never, for some reason, visited the randall website. I have sent for a catalog to better educate myself about these things.
raita

Riata,

Everything the seller says about the knife is correct, and yes it is a nice knife. Most likely late 1970's thru mid 1980's vintage, the knife has just enough options to make it appealing - a serious downside IMO, however, is the missing sheath...

Finding a mint condition, 25 to 30 year old sheath for that knife could happen tomorrow...or five years from now. (I've seen exactly two period correct minty sheath for that model offered for sale in the last five years). Based on that problem alone, it's already close to the high end of what I think its worth...

As always, YMMV ;)

p.s. Is it you that owns the Model #8-4 with the #25 style handle? If so, who did the rehandle?

Forgive my manners. Have not checked in for a while. No, Mr. Purvis, that was not my knife you describe.

I lost out on the Toothpick, but things have a funny way of happening. A trip south of the border past weekend found me returning with a bargain priced Guardian with micarta handle.

Thanks again for all the input.

Riata

Back