Wohlwend Knives In Action !

Figured I'd do a couple of video's today using the Going-Gear firesteel that Moosez45 was kind enough to send me. I also wanted to demonstrate why I love Fatwood and find other natural tinders pale in comparison.

First off a quick pic of the water I followed, this was a slow running stream last Summer !

pc180002q.jpg

By pitdog2010 at 2010-12-18

Please excuse the quality, I only have a basic camera and just rested it where I could to film these.

First off I used some Cedar Bark and prepped it with my Mark Wohlwend PSK Knife, usually I'd take more time to prep the tinder but as I was filming I kinda rushed it !

[youtube]9m2WI-zFchs[/youtube]

Next up I used some Fatwood:

[youtube]jsv2e3vh8To[/youtube]

My Wohlwend Bushcrafter makes awesome little fatwood curls so I decided to try lighting these as well !

pc180009t.jpg

[youtube]SclFgsBSGrQ[/youtube]

The PSK Knife in my fire tin :

pc180006k.jpg

Last edited:
Hey these are cool videos! Thanks Pit! Over this break I need to grind out a baby Booshways for ya and send for testing!

Hey these are cool videos! Thanks Pit! Over this break I need to grind out a baby Booshways for ya and send for testing!

Hmmm.... funny I have been thinking about a psk/kit knife sized Booshway. (not the psk Pit is using, but the 6.5" ones)

Great vids Pit.

Back