Wooden you?

Gary, this knife will become very well known among Sebenzanistas.

I'm glad it made to a home where it will be well cared for and was shared on the forums.

Hmmmmm . . . a special sheath?!

Frank

Gary, I got chills when I saw it.

Originally posted by stjames
The Phoenix.

StJames, I thought and thought and couldn't change the name from Freedom to Phoenix, I don't know why, I guess once it's dubbed a name it sticks, but the story line behind the Phoenix certainly fits! and I thank you for that comparison! So her name is still Freedom and to quote from one of my favorite Kurt Russell movies, Big Trouble in Little China;

<center>
Wang Chi: Here's to the Army and Navy and the battles they
have won; here's to America's colors, the colors that never run.

Jack Burton: May the wings of Liberty never lose a feather.</center>

Gary, I think that Freedom is a great name for the knife, and perfect for the times we now live in. God Bless.

Gary, when I saw that close up I felt stunned by the pattern in that wood. Thank you for sharing that!

I also own 2 wood knives now, one is waiting for final payment a dark walnut small wood fitted with a Spiral Damascus blade (took less than one month!!!!!) the other is kindly being held by a very good friend of mine till I can pay him for it! It is N24-25 of the Mnandi and apparently it has a rather lighter than normal redwood burl which really brings out the knots in the wood!

Let's see if this works:

Large+Maple+Damascus+Sebenza.jpg

It works! It works!!

No, it doesn't. Now what??!!??

Let's try the thumbnail thing.

Nope! That's not it.

Don't see it Dennis....where be the pic?

G2

It's right there....plain as day....shoot....this must be one of those cases where it only shows up on my computer. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

It is a nice picture though....large black & white raindrop damascus blade....beautiful redwood burl......sigh.

I'll keep trying.

Here you go Dennis... :)

Thanks guys. I've got these photos on Yahoo Photo and had the album set on "private". Had to go back and make it public...duh.

Chad, I have some of your kydex Sebenza sheaths in my store. Nice work. I particularly like the horizontal carry model. I'll let you know how they sell.

I have a knife I got from a market that looks just as nice as that and I only paid £4.99 for it:p

On the other hand... Very very nice! Is that the raindrop Damascus? What wood is it? Ironwood? Very nice!:)

Here is mine!

Attachments

• pic00001234.jpg
    pic00001234.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 285
Thanks Dennis! I have always had a soft spot for the Raindrop pattern Damascus, it was a very difficult choice for me to go for that or the Spiral. I went for the Spiral in the end and I still can't chose between them! It was CRK's telling me that D Thomas considered his Spiral pattern to be his best and most diffcult to produce that made me go for it in the end.

If I ever get another, I think it will be a large decorated Sebi in Rainbow Damascus...

The decorated would probably be a design of my own, preferably something with a wolf design:)

Hi, Boy I really like the classic wood inlay!!! Is it going to be a limited but permanet offering from CRK?? JC:)

All this talk about woodies and I had to show off the Large Sebbie with Bocote inlay but what really makes it special is the custom home built by Gary.

Thanks again, Gary. :D

Attachments

• bocote_sheath.jpg
    bocote_sheath.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 169
Back