• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

WOOTZ blade folder.

The blade is made of hand made WOOTZ steel. I melted the steel, hand forged the ingot and made the blade myself. The blade is a tad shorter than 4", 7/8" wide and about 1/8' thick. Flat ground.
The frame is Ti, linerlock with chekering.
The pivot pin is 1/4" hardened steel.
The thumbstuds are the brass sleev over the stainless.
The blade has a slight detention in closed position(ball).
The scales are Australian Oak(Sheoak?)
Total weight is 112g(about 4 Oz)
Total(maximum) thickness - 5/8"
This knife is practically a take down. The thumbstud sleevs are hard to unscrew. Other than that you can take it down to a single piece.

For $10 I can make a leather pouch for it.

I ask $XXX(removed from sale) for it, Shipping CONUS via Insured Priority Mail(USPS) is included.
PayPal preferred. Personal check is OK, will be shipped after the check is cleared.

Last edited:
wow, i don't know if i've ever seen a wootz folder!
everything i've seen before had a fixed blade.
great job on the steel!
:)

Is the Wootz hardened to a specif RC? Have you ever tested the RC of a blade?

1. No
2. No
Your question shows that you know little about wootz. No offence.
I only can say that the file scates on the blade.

Thank you Stephan.
I removed the knife from sale as nobody whants it.
Thanks everyone for watching.

That's a shame. The knife is beautiful and deserves a good home. I wish I could have afforded it.

I looked at this knife more then once and likely would have bought it if it was a little smaller. With a 4" blade it's just bigger then I like. The Wootz looks spectacular and the rest is spot on.

That's a beautiful knife sir.

yeah it looks great! but I'd go for a smaller one as a gent's knife. Although that would not ever take advantage of wootz's performance capability . . .

I too really like this knife, it's just a little big for my taste. If the blade was around the 3-3.25" range, it would be in pocket. GREAT work!

Dmitry.M - I think this is a great knife! - You removed the knife from sale too soon. You gave it only 6 days to sell. That does not mean no one wants it! I do not even visit this area of the forums that often. Your work did not go unappreciated. :thumbup::thumbup:

Dmitry.M - I think this is a great knife! - You removed the knife from sale too soon. You gave it only 6 days to sell. That does not mean no one wants it! I do not even visit this area of the forums that often. Your work did not go unappreciated.
I agree. I did'nt even see the price. It looks like a great looking folder.The liners look nice & thick.
The blade has a slight detention in closed position(ball).
I guess you mean the detent (ball). Does this mean its not a strong detent ?

The scales are Australian Oak(Sheoak?)

Called Sheoak by the English because it's not quite as strong as English Oak, so they likened it to the female of the species, quite cool dont you think?

Dude, you withdrew it way too fast!

Beautiful work, just with I could afford it.

Dmitry your asking price is very reasonable for what you get on that folder. I was out of town the week you listed it and also feel it was pulled too soon. However if you just decided to keep it no one could blame you for that. I'd be hard pressed to sell it either.

STR

Back