Work in Progress/Preview 11/15/16

Here is what I am working on this week, from top to bottom a Ranger and heirloom grade Koa, A Raptor and marble carbon fiber over black with red accent liners, warthog G10 over blue with moon blue moon glow G10, Trailhand carbon fiber over blue with white accent liners.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

This last batch of knives that heat treated, I took a piece of steel and tested my Rockwell hardness it came in at 59 to 60 HRC for my CPM54

Hosted on Fotki

Philip Aka Vance asked me to do a reference shot to show how big the anvil is, The first two pictures is a warthog on 175 pound anvil that was already in the shop. The warthog is a little over 7 inches overall length

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

The next two photos are of the same Warthog on my new anvil which is 450 pounds, notice the the difference in size.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I hired an electrician last week you came Friday and set up outlets for the grinder and my oven that's coming later in the month here's a picture of the new grinder set up on the bench I was able to use it this weekend and is super quiet and has very little vibration I like it a lot and I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with it.

Hosted on Fotki

Oven oven will go here

Hosted on Fotki

This is the smaller version of the Ferox

Hosted on Fotki

This blade is just a creative expression really no rhyme or reason,it has some practical aspects to it. I am not sure exactly how I'm going to finish it,but it's fun to step outside the norm sometimes

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking questions and comments welcome!

Last edited:
Awesome. I love it.. Cant wait to see it in person. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Love the moonflower (edit: I swear I wrote moonglow...) and the shop pics. That anvil is too nice to beat on make sure you get one for the shop and one for edc.

That is an amazing group this week. I like all of them. I predict another quick sell out on Thursday. That is really saying something about your products in a slow recession-like knife market.

Congratulations again on the new equipment. It's just more evidence that you have established your niche and found the right tools to make your vision a reality. It is exciting to watch your progress.

Phil

That is an amazing group this week. I like all of them. I predict another quick sell out on Thursday. That is really saying something about your products in a slow recession-like knife market.

Congratulations again on the new equipment. It's just more evidence that you have established your niche and found the right tools to make your vision a reality. It is exciting to watch your progress.

Phil

Thank you Phil, I feel very fortunate to be able to make a living doing what I am passionate about and being successful at it! I am looking forward to taking full advantage of the new tools I purchased and them helping me take my work to new heights.

Love the moonflower (edit: I swear I wrote moonglow...) and the shop pics. That anvil is too nice to beat on make sure you get one for the shop and one for edc.

The moon glow is pretty cool stuff I bought some awhile back to experiment with this piece glows blue the other piece I have glows green. The Anvil will get a lot of use once I get it mounted and it's not just for hammer texturing. I have been looking forward to a good size anvil for awhil. It's been over a year since I forged anything so I suspect it will be slow going at first I plan on starting small and then work from there until I become proficient. I am sure this won't be my last anvil purchase, this one has the most potential and versatility, one of the reasons I started with the big one.

Awesome. I love it.. Cant wait to see it in person. ;)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I look forward too it, when are you coming?

What a week for the knife budget to be in the red. The Ranger is probably going to clean up spectacularly and I really want that Raptor.

Hey Chris, great batch! That moon glow is something else. I can't wait to see the finished product.

What a week for the knife budget to be in the red. The Ranger is probably going to clean up spectacularly and I really want that Raptor.

They both cleaned up really nicely!

Hey Chris, great batch! That moon glow is something else. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Thanks Kris,the moon glow is pretty cool stuff, this is my first time working with it.

Here is how my Thursdays batch looked when I left the shop this evening about 9pm, tomorrow I will finish the guards, mark detail and sharpen. Here is your last look before their glamour shots.

Hosted on Fotki

Last edited:
That anvil is a monster Chris. Great to see the progress of your shop and very nice batch as usual [emoji106]

Love the trailhand, especially in carbon fiber... luckily for my budget it has white pinstripes.

Unfortunately I have to sit this one out tonight...but that Ranger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back