Work in Progress/Preview 11/23/16

I hope everyone is settling in for Thanksgiving Day tomorrow I know I am looking forward to it, I will be writing the thread early tomorrow and posting the preview sometime earlier in the day. I plan on unlocking the thread at 9pm EST as usual. I will be monitoring the thread from my mobile device, and I will try not to be to sloshed:D before 9.

The Fall colors are really nice this year and are a little later than usual, we are under a severe drought and there are wildfires just North of here that have smoked us out much of last week.

Hosted on Fotki

Ivy and my daughter took over my desk all week, she was out of school for Thanksgiving and her and Ivy took a liking to each other.

Hosted on Fotki

Thursdays offering
From top to bottom
Ranger 5/32 CPM154 Natural Canvas Micarta over Natural w/ Black accent Liners (sandblasted)
Mamushi 1/8 CPM154 Bog Oak bolsters w/ Jade G10 over Black with Blue accent liners (Jade G10 is sandblasted)
Trail Hand 1/8 CPM154 Natural Canvas Micarta bolster w/ Spalted Maple Burl over Natural w/ White accent Liner (Bolster is sandblasted)

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

I designed a handful of prototypes this weekend some are completely new others are variations of existing models. A handful of these I had drawn months ago and stuck them in a drawer until I was ready to work on them again. I will make one of each and see if there is anything I want to tweak before making more. I already want to change a few slightly after handling them off of the paper and in stencil form.

Small Knives -

Hosted on Fotki

Medium Knives-

Hosted on Fotki

Big Knives-

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Questions and Comments welcome!

Thanks for Looking
Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Chris, SUPER excited about the Ranger in Ghost and Carbon fiber that you're making for me. THANKS!!

Anther stellar looking batch Chris. I always find those Trail Hands appealing, and this one looks particularly nice.

Another really fine batch Chris! And several of your small and medium designs catch my eye too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is cool to see your creative thinking on the new designs Chris. If you need a beta test reviewer for the 3rd knife down in the medium category, I am your guy. I like it as is, but if I had the opportunity to tweak the design a little, I would eliminate the small curved cut-out at the back end of the blade so that the handle finger choil continues down in a continuous curve to meet the meet the back end of the blade for a guardless configuration similar to small knife #1.

Happy Thanksgiving and good luck with the sales tomorrow!

Phil

Make a small one like the the number 2 under small knives to match my Apache ... please.
Great looking batch this week !!!!

The new medium and large really great. I've been admiring your work for a while. Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the bottom two small knives. Particularly the bottom one. The prototypes taking form will be neat to see.

Ivy sure has it tough!

Love the new designs! Hope you don't mind the additions but its easier explained with pictures. I like the bottom medium knife but think I'd like a not as tall blade. (top contorted pic) I also think your Apache handle is uber comfortable and that could be incorporated into this mock up and others like the Raptor and Mamushi.

These have been stretched so the measuring lines don't apply. In my mind, these would have 3.75" to 4" blades
Stretch-vi.jpg

Ivy sure has it tough!

Love the new designs! Hope you don't mind the additions but its easier explained with pictures. I like the bottom medium knife but think I'd like a not as tall blade. (top contorted pic) I also think your Apache handle is uber comfortable and that could be incorporated into this mock up and others like the Raptor and Mamushi.

These have been stretched so the measuring lines don't apply. In my mind, these would have 3.75" to 4" blades
Stretch-vi.jpg

I like this, I'm a fan of pointy, and I think that handle goes quite well with it. :thumbup:

Ivy sure has it tough!

Stretch-vi.jpg

I have plans to do something similar to this

Back