Work in Progress/Preview 11/30/16

I hope everyone had a restful and enjoyable thanksgiving. Mine was great, I had good food, company and I got to take part in some of my pastimes.

What Thanksgiving would be complete without a trip to the E.R., I decided it would be a good Idea to take the family Ice skating. I have never been on ice skate and only roller skated as a kid. I did pretty good getting started and before I knew it i was taking laps around the rink without holding onto the wall. I decided this wasnt good enough and decided to cross the middle. This is where my luck came to an abrupt end. Before I knew it my face bounced off of the ice. As soon as I pick my head up and fluid poured out of my nose, it wasn't blood either. This kind of freaked me out, I have had the shit knocked out of me before and unconcious at that, but I have never had that happen. After a few minutes it dawned on me the meaning of getting the snot knocked out of you. LOL:D

Since I was confused and did have nasuea, I decided to go to the E.R. better safe than sorry I have hit my head before and didnt go and ended up worse off hours later. After a C.T. scan the Doctor told me I had a minor concussion, gave me the clear to go home super glued my eye shut and told me to rest. My face, neck and head are still sore but I am doing pretty good.
I found the humor in the situation even though it hurt:D

Hosted on Fotki

Here is what I have been woking on this week.

Profiled out some new designs and variations on 1/8" CPM154

Hosted on Fotki

Round two of the BOLO in .266 80crv2 and a Recon variation in .266 80crv2 :eek:

Hosted on Fotki

3 layered laminated steel w/ Hatachi Blue #2 paper steel core

Hosted on Fotki

From top to bottom little Ferox in O1 tool steel, next (no name) this one has been a welocome challange, I have been figuring it out while I go. I had to finish off the first 1/4 of the handle due to the nature of the design. To make things easier on myself I went ahead and sculpted the handle about 75 % of the way. You can get a little bit of an idea of what I am going for. I am looking forward to finishing it soon.

Hosted on Fotki

Here is what I am working on for Thursday.
Razorbacks CPM154 1/8"

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for Looking

Questions and comments welcome.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Looking good brother!! I really like the swoopy design, feel free to send it to me for testing purposes:)

And because we're us here u go!

cb22168a1a6437e2c14e24a29aa677cb.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ee-ouch! There are easier ways to get the attention of a pretty girl ;) Glad you're ok.

Now that I'm looking at it on my PC, I can see those are actual in-progress pieces in the 1st knife picture (2nd pic of the post). Looking at that pic on my phone, I thought they were drawings or paper cutouts. Very nice.

The little Ferox looks pretty cool. What are the OAL / blade length on that one?

Is that black Razorback a sandblasted G-10? Looks very much like my hunter which is up at the top of my list for lightweight/grippy handle material.

Thanks for sharing!

44502255544516-vi.jpg

Just go ahead and epoxy a ridiculously large carat star ruby in that forward divot!

Chris:

You should have opened a new thread "OK&T On Ice"........seriously, that looked as if your head took a pretty good thump. Glad to hear that you are OK. Next time you try a triple axel make sure you either land on your skates or your butt. :p

The new designs are looking cool

Peter

Nice designs, nice knives, nice knot on the head ...... you know when a doctor says you have a mild concussion it really means he has no idea :D

The important lesson here is never to wear ice skates while grinding blades. :eek:

I am glad that you are healing up OK Chris. Stay well my friend.

Phil

That little harpoon and that small Ferox, though...

Hope you feel better!

Holy cow. Didn't realize you were woozy yesterday or I would have really messed with ya.

So the Doc said your concussion was minor - is it possible for you to get a major one :D

I like to new designs. Can't wait to see how a few finish out.

Preston

Well,.. late to the party as usual but "what they all said" and I went ice skating once,....ONCE!!!! Fine looking offerings again! Hope to be there tonight Chris!!

Nice work, I'm liking your handle design.

Thank you!

Well,.. late to the party as usual but "what they all said" and I went ice skating once,....ONCE!!!! Fine looking offerings again! Hope to be there tonight Chris!!

Better late than never! I think I will be saying the same thing, first and last time for me. Thank you for the compliment Doug! I hope to see you there.

Holy cow. Didn't realize you were woozy yesterday or I would have really messed with ya.

So the Doc said your concussion was minor - is it possible for you to get a major one :D

I like to new designs. Can't wait to see how a few finish out.

Preston

Yeah, I was still a little woosy when you came by, I have been taking it slower than usual, it is possible to get a major one. I had one a few years back that left me with symptoms for months

That little harpoon and that small Ferox, though...

Hope you feel better!

Thank you, I like the little harpoon one too, no name for it yet though.

The important lesson here is never to wear ice skates while grinding blades. :eek:

I am glad that you are healing up OK Chris. Stay well my friend.

Phil

Thank you!
No more ice skating for me!

Nice designs, nice knives, nice knot on the head ...... you know when a doctor says you have a mild concussion it really means he has no idea :D

Thank you!

Chris:

You should have opened a new thread "OK&T On Ice"........seriously, that looked as if your head took a pretty good thump. Glad to hear that you are OK. Next time you try a triple axel make sure you either land on your skates or your butt. :p

The new designs are looking cool

Peter

Lol, OK&T will not be on ice, It was a good wack, my face is the first thing that hit the ice. I really thought I fractured something in my face at a minimum. I still actually have some residul symptoms. Foggy headedness, Fatiuge, headache and not to mention my face is still sore. Makes for a fun time wearing the full face mask. But hey I am not complaining. I am glad its just a good bump.

44502255544516-vi.jpg

Just go ahead and epoxy a ridiculously large carat star ruby in that forward divot!

Ee-ouch! There are easier ways to get the attention of a pretty girl ;) Glad you're ok.

Now that I'm looking at it on my PC, I can see those are actual in-progress pieces in the 1st knife picture (2nd pic of the post). Looking at that pic on my phone, I thought they were drawings or paper cutouts. Very nice.

The little Ferox looks pretty cool. What are the OAL / blade length on that one?

Is that black Razorback a sandblasted G-10? Looks very much like my hunter which is up at the top of my list for lightweight/grippy handle material.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks Jerry, I am pretty sure that is the first and last time I will be ice skating. I will have to get back to you on the measurements for the little Ferox.

Glad you're OK Chris! Dig the new designs.

Thanks Gus!

Looking good brother!! I really like the swoopy design, feel free to send it to me for testing purposes:)

And because we're us here u go!

cb22168a1a6437e2c14e24a29aa677cb.png

Thank you Brian!

I'll have to give that a shot next time the sinuses act up.

Scrapes and bruises are just a visual that you're out there living life. Heal up buddy, I bet you are happy it wasn't a hand/wrist injury.

Very cool to see the creative process. Looking forward to watching these ideas develop.

I'll have to give that a shot next time the sinuses act up.

Scrapes and bruises are just a visual that you're out there living life. Heal up buddy, I bet you are happy it wasn't a hand/wrist injury.

Very cool to see the creative process. Looking forward to watching these ideas develop.

Thank you Danny, I wouldnt suggest that method, but I sure could breathe a whole lot better afterward.

"Scrapes and bruises are just a visual that you're out there living life." Thats how I roll, got the scars and hardware to show for it. I like to take things to the limit.
Kind of tip toe on the line, sometimes I trip over the line though:D

I plan keeping the creative juices flowing, you should see some of these on the Thursdays thread this month.

Back