Work in Progress/Preview 8/2/16

Here is what I am working on this week. I started out gluing up a couple of Mamushis and Warthogs.
I am a little bit behind schedule, nothing a couple of late nights at the shop won't solve. Its still really hot here so I get more done in the later hours.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Today I was finishing up a pair of Mamushis with Hamon.
I decided to use a different method this week last week I used Ferric chloride, this week is a hot White Vinegar
Here I am etching the Blade there was alot of activity going on in this cup.

Hosted on Fotki

One of these Mamushis has a belt finish the other is hand rubbed, The one on the upper right one is the belt finished one.

Hosted on Fotki

Again top one belt finish bottom hand rubbed. The lower one still has a little bit of polishing and etching to go

Hosted on Fotki

Final Polish and etch on the hand rubbed Mamushi. Just a little bit more clean up then its ready for a handle.

Hosted on Fotki

Glued up the Mamushis this evening. There is a CPM154 in there too

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

This evening I rough shaped these 3 handles. Next up hand filing and sanding.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Badass! Great looking knives your making Chris. I'm excited to see the final product.

I really enjoy seeing the step by step process. It makes me even more appreciative of the work that goes into these and the final results.

These are looking great. Eco-friendly Hamons 👍probably more work though.

That's a lot of hand rubbing, but I think it looks slightly better than the mechanical rub

Here is what I am working on this week.

There is a CPM154 in there too

Any more teaser pics? Can you share the thickness on the CPM154?

Whether or not anything clicks for me this week, I/we appreciate you working late nights and in the crazy heat .. Thanks!

Any more teaser pics? Can you share the thickness on the CPM154?

Whether or not anything clicks for me this week, I/we appreciate you working late nights and in the crazy heat .. Thanks!

No more teaser pics untill this evening. I am putting the finishing touches on the knives right now. The warthog with OD green G1o is 3/32 tapered tang the remaining knives are 1/8 tapered tang

No more teaser pics untill this evening. I am putting the finishing touches on the knives right now. The warthog with OD green G1o is 3/32 tapered tang the remaining knives are 1/8 tapered tang

Ok, since I'm a bit of a $hit and have a few minutes before my next meeting, I'll post a teaser on your behalf ...

i only had time for a couple pics this week and here are a few of them

IMG_8103-vi.jpg

IMG_8107-vi.jpg

IMG_8108-vi.jpg

Back