Work in Progress/Preview 8/9/16

Getting into a new rythm has had its challenges for me the last few weeks. I feel I am starting to figure it out. I appreciate everyones comments and support. I will be catching up on emails and posts later this week. If you have sent me a PM I have likely read it and just havent had a chance to reply.

Here is what I have been working on the last week.

This weekend I prepped the flats on these blades for Texturing, and textured them. I then give them a nice soapy bath before going in the oven to remove any oil or debris. This is how they look before I dip them in Turco and Heat treat them.

Hosted on Fotki

Made the handles yesterday morning and glued them up last night. This morning I cleaned them up ready to be shaped.
I lost an Apache during the post heat treat grind so there is 6 left at this point

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Halfway through my handle shaping this evening I got hungry, and had to take a break for dinner here is were I left off.

Hosted on Fotki

Finished rough shaping the handles tonight. Next I will refine the shape with a hand file, clean the spines up and then sand the handles. This is as far as I got on them this evening I will finish up a few tomorrow for the Thursdays sale thread.

Hosted on Fotki

More to come as time permits.

Thanks for looking.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Great looking batch Chris. It's always cool to see your signature pinstripe work, not to mention those tapers. Looking forward to seeing the finished batch on Thursday !

:thumbup:Nice Chris! I like the one with the black handle and blue liners, is that a Raptor? What kind of handle material is that?

I like the CF Raptor but am also intrigued by a couple of the others. Nice looking batch even in a rough state.

Love your texturing on the blades! I think it is my favorite of any maker! Beautiful Work.

Martin.

Looking good! Hoping to get my hands on one of your knives in the near future.

Here is were I left off tonight. Tomorrow I sand the rest shape the guards and clean them up.

DGinntW6SOt-vi.jpg
[/URL]Hosted on Fotki

Real hard to pick a favorite when they all look amazing. That carbon fiber Raptor stands out though. Nice chunky handle it looks like on the bolstered Ranger. Yall better fast tonight

Last sneak peak until tonight!
Putting the final touches on the knives going up for sale tonight. Not all of these will be available tonight. Tune in to find out which ones I choose to list tonight

Hosted on Fotki

Back