Work in Progress/Preview 9/14/16

I had intended getting this up late last night but, Bladeforums was down so here is what I have been working on!
Apologies for the small photos not quite sure how they ended up this small

Profiled out some blades, a hand full of Raptors, Mamushis, Warthogs and Razorbacks

Hosted on Fotki

I plan on heat treating this S35VN this weekend!

Hosted on Fotki

Built some fancy bolsters this week!
from left to right we have -
Thunderstorm Kevlar over natural w/ red accent liner

Red G10 bolster w/ amboyna burl w/ Black accent liner. I messed up the first time around so I had to flip the wood over and re-glue the accent liner this is why it looks blac. look and next photo and you can see the Amboyna between the black liner. When I shape it the black on the top will disappear.

Black wood Bolster w/ dyed Box Elder Burl over Black w/ white accent liner.

Spalted Maple Burl bolster w/ Dyed Buckeye Burl over Natural w/ Black and Purple accent liner.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

These are the Blades I am working on for Thursday. Rough shaped tonight I will hand file, sand, and finish grind them
From top to bottom we have a Mamushi Bolstered in Carbon Fiber w/ Jade G10 over Blue
Raptor in carbon fiber over black w/ green accent liner
Warthog Bolstered in Ivory G10 w/ Jade G10 over Natural w/ Blue accent liner.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking, Questions and comments welcome!

I have just one thing to say ...

Notagladiator.jpg

Looks like a great batch coming this week, that Warthog is going to be real nice.

Can't wait to see the s35vn

The trio for this Thursday looks great Chris. I sense a speedy sellout on this batch. Besides the cool handle set-ups, I dig the hammer texturing on these. Nice work! :thumbup:

Phil

Very nice batch Chris, I think these will sell out very quickly come Thursday!

:thumbup:Stellar batch coming up on Thursday! The Mamushi looks like it's going to be sweet. Can't wait for that S35VN!

I have just one thing to say ...

Notagladiator.jpg

LMAO you crack me up Jerry!

Looks like a great batch coming this week, that Warthog is going to be real nice.

Can't wait to see the s35vn

Thank you Danny, trying some new stuff!

The trio for this Thursday looks great Chris. I sense a speedy sellout on this batch. Besides the cool handle set-ups, I dig the hammer texturing on these. Nice work! :thumbup:

Phil

Very nice batch Chris, I think these will sell out very quickly come Thursday!

Man, I hope you guy's are right that would make my week and, make all the late nights pay off. (Fingers crossed)

:thumbup:Stellar batch coming up on Thursday! The Mamushi looks like it's going to be sweet. Can't wait for that S35VN!

Thanks Gus! I am looking forward to seeing the results of the S35vn as well.

On the road working, I hope I can be around for a shot at one of these!

Back