Work in Progress/Preview 9/20/16 (Updated w/pictures )

Here is what I am currently working on, I have not decided exactly which ones will go up on Thursdays sale thread

From right to left,
Warthog CPM154 Ruby red G10 and Amboyana Burl,
Mamushi CPM154 Spalted maple burl and Buckeye burl,
Warthog S35vn Thunderstorm Kevlar w/ Rub Red accent liner,
Apache S35vn Blackwood w/ Box Edler Burl,
EDU CPM154 Terracotta Burlap w/ Tangerine Burlap,
Hunter CPM154 Quilted Maple,
Hunter CPM154 Quilted maple

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Since I didnt have many pictures of my work this week. I decided to share with you my interactions with Mrs Ivy.

Ivy welcoming me to work.

Hosted on Fotki

She is trying to convince me to part with my breakfast

Hosted on Fotki

I think she smells my breakfast

Hosted on Fotki

Phillip baby sitting

Hosted on Fotki

Mid-day nap, a dogs life is a hard life.:D

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking.

Questions and comments welcome.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Last edited:
Those colors are going to look great when finished.

So how was the S35VN to work with?

That sure was nice of Andy to get Phillip a puppy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Those colors are going to look great when finished.

So how was the S35VN to work with?

That sure was nice of Andy to get Phillip a puppy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I found it really easy to work with pre-heat treat, easier than CPM154 but after hardening is the opposite.
It is very difficult to grind post heat treat and eats through belts.
I have had to get use to the way the steel behaves differently and have lost quite a few blades in the process. I started with 8 and these are the 2 that made it.
I'll keep working at it and will get better, but for now it looks like I will only be offering a few a month in S35vn.
I hope to offer it more often as I get used to it.

Phillip has taking quite a liking with Ivy.:D

Here is what I am currently working on, I have not decided exactly which ones will go up on Thursdays sale thread

From right to left,
Warthog CPM154 Ruby red G10 and Amboyana Burl,
Mamushi CPM154 Spalted maple burl and Buckeye burl,
Warthog S35vn Thunderstorm Kevlar w/ Rub Red accent liner,
Apache S35vn Blackwood w/ Box Edler Burl,
EDU CPM154 Terracotta Burlap w/ Tangerine Burlap,
Hunter CPM154 Quilted Maple,
Hunter CPM154 Quilted maple

Hosted on Fotki

Since I didnt have many pictures of my work this week. I decided to share with you my interactions with Miss. Ivy.

Ivy welcoming me to work:

Hosted on Fotki

Thanks for looking.

Questions and comments welcome.

Chris Linton
Osprey Knife & Tool

Looks like that black wood bolster against the red dyed box elder burl should contrast nicely... It will be interesting to see how that Apache finally finishes out.

Countless generations of breeding... And that little dog instinctively knows how to elicit the desired response by just giving you the look! :)

That sure is a cute pup! Looking forward to seeing how the Apache and Warthog look when they're finished.

Looking good Chris! Thanks for including the vertical view of the handles that shows off the nice tapers and pinstripe & liner combos. :thumbup:

PHil

It is probably tough to get anything done with a cute puppy running around the shop. Even so, you seemed to have put together a solid offering this week. The EDU is fantastic and the wood pairings look great.

Seems like some new challenges working with the s35vn; I hope you find you stride working with the material.

That sure is a cute pup! Looking forward to seeing how the Apache and Warthog look when they're finished.

Thanks Gus!

Looking good Chris! Thanks for including the vertical view of the handles that shows off the nice tapers and pinstripe & liner combos. :thumbup:

PHil

Your welcome Phil, I thought it was important to see that angle.

It is probably tough to get anything done with a cute puppy running around the shop. Even so, you seemed to have put together a solid offering this week. The EDU is fantastic and the wood pairings look great.

Seems like some new challenges working with the s35vn; I hope you find you stride working with the material.

Thank you Danny, The S35vn had presented its challenges, but nothing I dont think I cant overcome with practice. I am planning on ordering somemore this week.

You do some nice work. ..Looks like you have an awesome environment for creativity,keep up the nice work

The Mamushi..........................................................................................................

Last edited:
Back