Work Sharp Knife Sharpener

I am posting this here because I want to hear Scott's opinion on this sharpener and other that visit this forum as I respect the opinions here alot.

http://www.worksharptools.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=90

So what do you guys think. I saw it in person the other day and was impressed. There marketing brochure saw that this gives a convex edge to the blade and the go on to talk about the superior geometry of the convexed blade.

Cddogfan I bought one.Have not used on my Gossman knives yet but it gives a razor sharp edge on everything I have used it on including some Siegle customs. It is suppose to make sharpening convex edges very easy.

Mike

I not real familiar with that sharpener. I have heard of it and it looks pretty handy for home use.
Scott

Interesting. Be cool to make a leather belt for it. I can see it as usefull, but I have no issues sharpening with my strops and sandpaper. Cool though.

That's a neat little thing. Do they have a stand for it so you don't have to hold onto it?

Wow just looked at the price at cabelas. Couldn't you get a 1" bench grinder for about the same price?

I have on of the first ones that was available, and it is UNMATCHED for size, utility, and speed. I've sharpened every conceivable type of blade on it from little slip joints to a cheap kukri with a 14" blade. I even used it to finish the edge on an old BSA hatchet (after I thinned the edge profile on my 1x30) to a hair popping, news print slicing edge. I also use it on my 1/4" Kabar Potbelly with no issues at all.

The only time I use my 1x30 is if I have to really thin a blade out or repair heavy edge damage to an axe, large chopper, or my lawnmower blade.

You can also run the Worksharp on a power inverter in your vehicle, and that adds to its portability.

I bought one at Northern a month ago, sharpened everything I have on it from kitchen knives, SKY Regulator (5/16" thick) to 2" pocket rockets. I love it, first time I have been able to sharpen a knife to shaving edge. I can shave hair without stroping. I am considering purchasing a second to leave at the ranch. Only hang up I see is obtaining the belts. Depot, Lowes and Truevalue do not carry these belts. So I will have to order from their site and I would like to see more than 3 offering of courseness on the belts. Highly recommend this system. If I consider all the pull through, cross sticks and stones I have purchased over the years I have spent twice what I paid for this system.

Gotta admit....that is pretty cool. Might have to give it a shot

Just broke down and bought one. Came staight home and tried it on my PSK. Man it put a razor hair popping edge on it quick. For home and shop use I would recommend this to anybody. Good tool I think. And we all know you can't have enough tools.

Chris

Chris, if you need replacement belts check my link in the above post. If I didn't already have the belt grinders, I'd probably get one too.
Scott

Back